peeples profile image 88

What to do when you feel like you can't do enough for your children?

Please tell me some of you have felt bad when your children wanted to do or get things that are out of your budget! I'm having a horrible day because normally the week of my birthday we take our children on vacation. That isn't an option this year and I feel horrible because my children are upset. What do you do to both reassure the children and help the feeling of thinking I'm failing my children?

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

We love the state parks, but since there are 3 in a 20 minute radius we go very often just because of how cheap and fun it is. I am taking them to one tomorrow though and taking a picnic, hopefully that will ease some of their disappointment. Thanks!

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

Thanks. I've excused myself twice today to go cry in the bathroom because I SO hate not being able to give them something they look so forward to. Bowling sounds fun.

Au fait profile image94

C E Clark (Au fait) says

cfin profile image76

cfin says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

Possessions haven't been much of a big deal, but they wait all year for this trip. In this year I have definitely started teaching the oldest to about savings. Important lesson. Thank you.

Lori P. profile image92

Lori Chidori Phillips (Lori P.) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

Thank you. I guess we've just had a rough year and I feel not being able to take them is adding "insult to injury". It's hard to make them understand what other parts of the world go through.

my-blog123 says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

Thank you. I hope this is true.

Afroza Haider profile image59

Afroza Haider says

cebutouristspot profile image75

cebutouristspot says