Jackie Lynnley profile image 75

Do you have grandchildren that are much better behaved after staying with you a few day?

My first grandchild could be a little monster when her mom (my daughter) would drop her off to stay with us a few days but just in a few hours or at least by the next day the sugar thinned out of her blood I think and she was like an angel. That seems so odd thinking back on it and I wondered if any other grandparents experienced this?

Bob Bamberg profile image93

Bob Bamberg says

• Lisa HW profile image

Lisa HW 21 months ago

The other side to that is that when parents are too worn down to give kids the positive attention they need ("parental good behavior" the kids come across as the poorly behaved "guilty parties".

Venkatachari M profile image86

Venkatachari M says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 21 months ago

Maybe you were a good influence for him Venkatachari; can only hope!

Faith Reaper profile image87

Faith Reaper says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 21 months ago

Mine was a bit hyper I think from too many sweets and it seemed cutting that out did the trick. We would let her have ice cream or stuff like that; just no suckers or candy bars or boxed cereal. It really was like two different kids & we loved bo

Rachel L Alba profile image84

Rachel L Alba says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 21 months ago

I am sure that would have a lot to do with it. Wish I could go back to that time no matter what!

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 21 months ago

I imagine it is a bit hard for grannies today; but good for the kids and granny to get together!

word55 profile image81

Word (word55) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 21 months ago

You have that right and it is so good to keep grand kids and their grand parents close I think. Everyone benefits...or can.

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 21 months ago

Well we all have our own bad apples don't we? lol That is too bad though; maybe they are jealous of junior? Still it is no excuse...but all we can do is try to handle it. Maybe when your little one gets a little older.