Fun Art and Craft Activities for Children
Children tend to fall into a daze after school or over the weekends, and remain glued to the television or computer for hours. It is important to keep children involved in some kind of activity since it boosts mental clarity, keeps their growing bodies healthy and strong and proffers all-round development.
Art and Craft Activities Enhance Children’s Holistic Development
Art and craft activities teach a lot in a play-way. They develop fine motor skills, language learning, creativity and aesthetic sense and also act as a catharsis. What’s more, every child, whether six years old or 16 years old, face stress during their day. Yes, kids too experience stress: staying on top of their academics, social aspects, acceptance and peer pressure.
Interesting Art and Craft Activities for Kids
Art and craft are one of the finest ways for children to be imaginative and creative. There are numerous simple activities that can be done at home using easy material and in a short time.
- An empty plastic bottle
- 1 cup of salt or sand
- Paint brushes
- Sticking tape
- Pour the salt or sand in to the bottle to weight it.
- Use a sheet of newspaper and roll it in to a tiny ball. Place the tiny ball on another sheet of newspaper and wrap it tightly around the ball, using a sticking tape. Place it over the bottle to judge the appropriate size. It will function as the head of the doll.
- Fix the ball over the bottle. Use sticking tape over the head and neck to attach it firmly.
- Then, cover the whole bottle with strips of papier-mâché paper (newspaper strip soaked in water) and let them dry.
- Now, paint the doll’s face, eyes, nose, lips, hands and clothes.
- Glue wool over the head for hair.
- The bottle doll is ready!
- Art sheet
- 1 spoon
- Fold the sheet of paper in to half. Then open it out.
- Spoon large blobs of different paint on to one half of the paper.
- Fold the paper and press down firmly.
- Open the paper. Here’s the colorful butterfly!
- 2 pieces of cloth / material about 20 cm by 20 cm, 2 different colors
- Dried beans
- Black buttons
- Draw the shape of a frog on the two materials of different color. Cut them out.
- Pin the two materials together. Then, using a thread and needle, sew all around the border of the frog, using a simple runningstitch. However, keep about 2 inches of gap open on one side.
- Fill the frog with beans
- Then, sew the open edge.
- Sew on the 2 black buttons as eyes.
- The bean frog is ready!
Child psychologists time and again advise parents to introduce toddlers to arts and crafts for their overall development and understanding. Children can be involved in a host of fun activities, and what’s more, it is a wonderful family time as well.
More by this Author
Angular cheilitis is associated with formation of sores around the mouth and can be associated with several causes. The symptoms of the condition can be treated using home remedies and healthy diet.
Muscle knots in the back are often responsible for severe back pain and muscle spasms. There are several home based treatment options to manage back pain along with diet and supplements to treat painful muscle knot...
Liver Cysts rarely have any symptoms; nonetheless, the condition hampers liver functions considerably. Home remedies help treat the condition successfully and keep the liver functioning optimally.
No comments yet.