Baby-momma: a phrase that seems to circulate throughout communities of color absent of negative connotation. It’s a phrase I HATE.
Why does this drive me crazy?
Having a child with someone is a big deal. This is someone with whom you are mixing your dna, will be a part of your life forever, and will co-parent raising your child.
Urban dictionary defines the phrase ‘baby momma’ as:
The mother of your child(ren), whom you did not marry and with whom you are not currently involved.
Oh her? She ain't nothing to me now, girl, she just my baby mama. So, can I get your number?
Wikipedia defines the phrase ‘baby momma’ as:
The woman who bears your next generation deserves a better title than baby momma. Please regard her as the mother of your child out of respect for her role in the creation of life. What’s the difference? The difference is the action and mentality that accommodate each phrase.
Mother of your child rules/behaviors:
1. Make co-parenting a priority by understanding the needs of your partner/ex-partner for the best benefit of your child.
2. Attend significant events together without the anger or arguing for the benefit of your child.
3. Work together and never use the child as a pawn in a game of power and control.
4. Make sure financial support is present to ensure the best possible lifestyle in interest of your child.
5. Commit to knowing that BOTH parents are essential to developing a healthy young man or woman.
6. Co-parent and realize the decisions you make are not about you but your child.
1. Child support may or may not be present.
2. Speaking disrespectfully to one another: yelling, cursing, bargaining when it comes to responsibilities.
3. Not showing up on time or at all when scheduled to spend time with your child.
4. Saying negative things about the other parent to your child.
5. Holding a child hostage to get money or attention from the other parent.
Baby momma – a phrase that needs to be destroyed!
More by this Author
Sometimes you need to laugh but this movie Almost Christmas Thoughts
“The one with the male offspring, she being frozen with a subconscious fear for his life, will raise him to be mentally dependent and weak but physically strong, in other words, body over mind.” W.L.
After a divorce or break-up,co-parenting becomes a challenge. One must be willing to compromise and act in a way that best benefits the child/children. It's not easy but it's necessary for your child.
No comments yet.