Best Parental Control Software
With the Wild Wild Web getting wilder everyday, parents are keen to know Which is the best parental control software. There are many programs to choose from and each has it's good points. Sifting through these programs it becomes obvious that some have features that shine out above the rest. Having great features is a fine thing, but seeing what people who have bought and used the programs have to say literally tells the tale.
Best Parental Control Software By Consumer Rating
"Best Parental Control Software". Cyber Patrol 7.7 earned a rating of 5 of 5 stars from a total of 3 customer reviews. This version of Cyber Patrol will allow you to protect up to three computers from the one license. It has the usual features of parental control software such as; Blocking harmful websites and images, restricting chat and instant messaging, and blocking downloads of games music images and videos.
"Best Parental control Software for Mac". 3.5 out of 5 stars. Many of the same features as Cyber Patrol, Safe Eyes is also compatible with Mac, although the Mac version does not log IM or block email. Possibly the best feature of this program is the sending of alerts when inappropriate activity occurs.
Why Use Parental Control Software
It is shocking but did you know that 1 in 5 kids are solicited for sex on the Internet? That 1 in 4 kids are sent pictures of people who are either naked or are having sex? (also known as Sexting) That it is estimated that more than 750,000 people have been aggressively pursued for sex on line?
Given these statistics it is easy to see the need for parental control software.
What Features Would The Best Parental Control Software Have?
To be classified "Best" a parental control software should have most if not all of the following features:
- Easy installation and set up - if you can't quickly figure out how to use it, what good is it?
- Filter content -allows you to quickly select words and phrases that are indicative of inappropriate activity
- Block access to inappropriate websites - Porn, p2p downloading, chat rooms, etc.
- Provide an easy way to monitor your child's online interactions - a good reporting setup will allow you to quickly scan your child's Internet activity and spot trouble.
- Provide time control for your child's Internet and Program access - good software will block your child from surfing at a time you believe them to be in bed or doing other activities.
- Protect Privacy - The Wild Wild Web is a dangerous place for kids and you'll want a program that will either block or report the sending of private information such as phone numbers or addresses.
- Provide alerts - receiving an alert by email or text can help you head off any mischief before it happens
Other Tips For Keeping Track of Your Kids
- Parental Internet Monitoring Software Gives Parents Peace of Mind
You just never know whats on the next webpage your child visits. Parental internet monitoring software can help you find peace of mind by giving you control over what they see. In fact it's never been easier. Todays software choices offer easy setup,
- Track My Kids
Track my kids - More and more often, we hear on the news of children being kidnapped or abducted. Missing for months, years or permanently; these stories seldom come to a happy ending. Fortunately, it is...
- Tracking a Cell Phone - Tips For Tracking a Cell Phone
How can I track a cell phone? It is a question often asked these days and for many good reasons. Some people want to share their location with friends and vice verse, some want to keep track of kids, and...