jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Baby Teething

1. Care Bear profile image61
    Care Bearposted 4 years ago

So my first child is getting her first tooth! I was just thinking what other people do to help their children feel relief when they're getting teeth. So, what do you all do to help your babies deal with the discomfort of growing teeth?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
      MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Take several very clean washcloths and soak it in weak chamomile tea... wring well and freeze. It helps to fold them twice into baby hand size squares. Hand to baby as needed smile

2. Mama Kim 8 profile image91
    Mama Kim 8posted 4 years ago

Totally agree with Melissa! That is exactly what a dentist told me to do when my first was little. Also when it's really bad I put some baby orajel on their gums. Especially right before bed so they can sleep in peace.

3. Aleta Friedrich profile image59
    Aleta Friedrichposted 4 years ago

My oldest is 12 years old and I have total of four kids, with my youngest 15 months, I have always used Hyland's Homeopathic Teething Tablets. You should be able to find them at like Wal-Mart, K-mart, Walgreen's or other places like that. They are a bit pricey but I love them and my kids have no problem taking them. you can also find them on line...good luck

4. Care Bear profile image61
    Care Bearposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the ideas! So far so good. My baby's not too grumpy and I haven't had to do much. But it's good to know how I can help her. smile

5. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

We used baby bottle nipples with water in them frozen.