jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What do parents of young children fear?

1. 0
    Ruth Pieterseposted 4 years ago

When my children were young, I was terrified of dying before they were old enough to carry on their lives without me.  My relief now that they are adults and independent, is huge.

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 4 years ago

My biggest fear with my kids when they were small, and now with my grandkids, is kidnapping. I can't imagine anything being worse.

1. tussin profile image61
      tussinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, that's the big one for me.  Also that they fall down and hit their heads really badly.

2. 0
      Ruth Pieterseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, the mere thought of kidnapping is horrific!

3. ocbill profile image76
    ocbillposted 4 years ago

getting mixed up with the wrong kids or getting seriously hurt.
    I agree with Habee.
    Criminals are getting bolder nowadays too. So, you gotta be vigilant against those sick minds. I remember the news specials eveyday and felt as it were my kid. I can definitely emphatize to some degree that parent's pain once you have one of your own.

4. Mama Kim 8 profile image90
    Mama Kim 8posted 4 years ago

Oh goodness, just about everything! When they are less than a year the biggest one is SIDS. My heart races whenever I think they've been quietly sleeping for a while. I can't focus on anything until I go and check on them, hopefully without waking them up.

1. 0
      Ruth Pieterseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Once you have children, there is always something to be afraid of.  They are so vulnerable.