jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

1. moms love4real profile image61
    moms love4realposted 4 years ago

My daughter is nine, frankly speaking I feel shy talking about sex with her.

1. a49eracct profile image60
      a49eracctposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nine is a little young. This is the time she just needs to learn what her body does. Just let her know that she should never be embarrassed if she has a question about anything sec relayed. Then, when shes ready she will come to you on her own. This is a delicate subject and one that shouldn't be forced. Of course, this is just how I was taught and raised. Good luck!

2. 0
      Starmom41posted 4 years ago in reply to this

at 9 she needs to know about the changes that will soon be occurring with her own body, but not anything beyond that.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Then get over yourself and do what is necessary. wink

3. BSloan profile image79
    BSloanposted 4 years ago

I spoke to my daughter at around age 9 about the changes to her body and what sex was about. 

When she asked a question I answered as honestly as possible without being graphic.  Now at age 11 she's well aware of what to expect when she enters puberty and how she is expected to act.

I was very open and frank with her (without being graphic I remind you) because kids in her school were already making comments about other kids kissing, holding hands, having boyfriends/girlfriends etc.

I would rather her know everything there is to know from me than have her learn it outside the home.  I also don't like the idea of having any of her friends put explanations into her head that may not be true. 

She now knows how she is expected to behave and that she can come to me anytime she has any questions, which she does and I will always answer her honestly. 

Never be shy with her, you are number one to her.  Good luck.