Terrible 2's...Its NOT a myth

1. Lupozee profile image61
    Lupozeeposted 4 years ago

I have a 2 year old son who has recently become very mischievous.  If i tell him not to do something he will continue to do it...with a cheeky smile.
    He has also started with the words "no'...If I talk to him about food or going bed its always followed by a cheeky "no".....
    Tantrums have also become a regular where he stresses his body is he doesnt want to do something and does this fake crying.

I am getting slightly worried that its not a phase and I may end up having a naughty child....How do you discipline a 2 year old who is going through this 'testing' phase?

( I have tried the naughty, corner, chair and step..but when he knows he has done something wrong he will put himself there...became a game for him)

1. peeples profile image88
      peeplesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You don't dicipline a 2 year old you redirect them. It is much more effective. When a child says no to bed you put them down hand them a teddy bear and say "teddy bear is sleepy, lets take him nite nite" or something similar. My youngest is 17 months and has also hit the "no" phase. Just redirect and understand their little brain has yet to understand what bad really is.