jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Social Media - ruining manners?

1. Novel Treasure profile image85
    Novel Treasureposted 4 years ago

Do you think that social media is ruining people's manners? Have you noticed that the thoughts that people share are very personal and a little too much information, plus with the instant gratification of email, fb, twitter, texting...the need for social contact in person is declining. Do you think social media is making us a "ruder" society?

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Now how about that? I am just about to write a hub on personal questions. I can't believe the number of people who ask me personal questions when I open my mouth. If I say anything about it, they tell me that they are just 'interested' in people. No, they're not. They're just plain curious - and rude.

1. puregrace profile image79
        puregraceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I guess I believe we are becoming more selfish with our time and it has limited our relationship building to a great extent. It seems our society does not know how to value the person we come in contact with in the daily milieu of life. We don't acknowledge the presence of some people as one of worth, and write them off quickly in our busyness to get on to our next goal. So sad!

2. Kevin Peter profile image72
    Kevin Peterposted 4 years ago

Social Media are definitely ruining manners and etiquettes of the major group of the society. People have become so impolite and selfish that they have forgotten the very meaning of the word “RESPECT"

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I could so totally go with that. For a start, there's an expectation that people answer personal questions and interact with you even if you're a complete stranger!