jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

What would you give to your five year old daughter on her birthday?

1. hifizah profile image59
    hifizahposted 4 years ago

My daughter turns five this month and I'm still not sure what to give to her. Two days ago she asked for a cellphone but it doesn't feel right. If you were me, what would you give to her?

1. profile image60
      yono1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't consider cellphones. Lego would be a good idea.

2. Thelma Alberts profile image82
    Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago

No, cellphone is not a good idea. I would give her a doll or a beautiful dress.

3. hifizah profile image59
    hifizahposted 4 years ago

I guess I need to come up with a good reason why she isn't getting a cellphone.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't give her a cell phone, but a toy one might be in order?

If she is techy-minded, what about one of those cheap tablets that are on the market now? You could load it up with some free games and that'll keep her amused for hours, and they are low cost enough so that if she drops and breaks it, it won't matter too much.

Dolls and prams are great if she is a girly-girl, but not all are - you'll know what type of thing she likes.

Maybe her first bike with stabilisers? An educational computer game that will teach her to read and write? A play kitchen so that she can cook just like Mum? A junior artist's easel? The choices are endless. Just not a cell phone. Tell her they cause damage to junior ears. I think there is even some truth in that.

1. hifizah profile image59
        hifizahposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wow, thanks alot, IzzyM. Now I have a plenty of choices and a good reason too. She's very fascinated with my phone and spends a lot of time with it but yes, I don't think it's good present for her. My husband recommends a bike with stabilisers because he thinks it would be a good exercise for her but now I'm thinking about getting her a tablet. Hmmm, I wonder what my husband will say...

1. IzzyM profile image86
          IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Let us know what she gets, finally smile

working