jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

New Years resolutions?

1. TravelMonkey profile image60
    TravelMonkeyposted 7 years ago

Mine are quite typical, eat more healthy, play more football and get a promotion.

2. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

If you check out the new article I wrote the resolution is in there. I am honestly looking forward to the New Year and apologize that I have been MIA. The holiday season tends to do that.smile

1. Nickny79 profile image87
      Nickny79posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I resolve to behave on the Hubpages Forum.   wink

1. AEvans profile image72
        AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I never knew you were bad?smile

3. SparklingJewel profile image65
    SparklingJewelposted 7 years ago

I am resolved to bring myself more new aspects of my whole new life this year !!! I have already been working on it, but there's so much to dump and so much to do !big_smile I got an early start on my mid-life changes...patience is probably the biggest thing I need to resolve and retain to this year.

Happy New Year everyone big_smile

1. aka-dj profile image79
      aka-djposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Patience, you say. Watch out, this usually invites varied trials and tests, so that you can "exercise" your patience. lol I know, it happened to me and many I know ! This is dedffinitely one of those " be careful what you ask for, you just might get it"! This one comes in "deceiving" packages.
      Wish you all the best.
      PS. I don't usually mention any of my hubs, but I have one you may want to check out for some tips.
      http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-make-per … s-in--life

4. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Happy New Years!!!
    I am happy to see that we are still here, I hope that not to many are suffering severe hangovers!!! big_smile

5. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

Happy New Year!  Hmm--today seems the same as yesterday.  Possibly cuz we didn't watch the apple fall down like we usually do, smile.

Seriously, may today be the beginning of a great year for everyone...

6. RelSol1 profile image59
    RelSol1posted 7 years ago

My problem with resolutions is their is no end.  Most successes have an ultimate ending, and a time frame of when they should be complete. 

In the case of a "New Year's Resolution", there is only a start time.  Therefore, usually by the end of 30 days or so, people don't aceive what they deam "realistic" results, and terminate their resolution. 

Ultimately, I believe most resolutions fail.  I set my resolution in September.  It's my 100 day resolution.  It is the last 100 days of the year, where I set a goal (resolution) to accomplish things by the time the year ends.  It works better for me.

7. needful things profile image78
    needful thingsposted 7 years ago

Yaiks!!! I'm still struggling to accomplish my resolutions for the other years... and I'm having a hard hard time... they were all good ones.. so this year I'll just add this "100 hubs before august"...and "100 lenses" before September...

8. TravelMonkey profile image60
    TravelMonkeyposted 7 years ago

I wonder if anyone has broken their resolutions yet?

9. britneydavidson profile image60
    britneydavidsonposted 7 years ago

mine one is being a good human...and not broken yet its really tough but i work relly hard for it.

working