Living after loosing a loved one

1. 60
    Patience4posted 4 years ago

Have you lost a loved one and figured you just weren't sure how you were going to go on. If so I can totally relate to you I was very close to my stepfather And just loved him so much   I was three months pregnant with my son when my mother told me he had passed I felt my world crumble couldn't stop sobbing I was feeling really depressed for a while after  I just could not stop asking why? Why him he was such a great person. Some one told me No answer any one would give you would be good enough it's just a part of life and there is nothing we can do and I thought about that there wouldn't have been anything anyone could have told me to make me feel better about my loss.   Then one day I heard a woman call into a radio station for advice she said her brother had died and she was very depressed because he was her beat friend and she didn't know how she could go on without him. The woman on the other line said  think about this you are wasting what your brother lost "life" he would not want to look down and see you not doing anything with your life beside being depressed and wasting a perfectly good life and at that moment it made me realize  how true that was we can't change  loosing our loved one the only thing we can do is live life to the fullest and enjoy everyday because we never know if it's our last sp everyone enjoy your family and loved ones never take any one for granted and you will be blessed!!!!!

1. loveofnight profile image81
      loveofnightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I know what you mean, I too know loss. My baby boy was murdered just months before he graduated and was going to be on his way to college. There truely is nothing that anyone can say that will satisfy you. One of the ways that I dealt with it was to write about it. I have a hub entitled Surviving Death that you may be interested in seeing. Be Well and thank you for sharing.