jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Family Incest

1. 0
    freedomspiritposted 3 years ago

I don't really understand it so that's why I'm asking.
    Why do people abused carry it on?
    I don't want to say too much too soon as I'm so new
    but I don't understand.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 3 years ago in reply to this

....if you can...it would be good if you could talk to someone (mental health counsellor) so that you can sort some things out ...they'll help you understand and help you continue to set boundaries....

1. 0
        freedomspiritposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. I'm writing about it cause I want to explore it. I do have a therapist and I'm starting to discuss it more. Thanks! smile

1. kathleenkat profile image90
          kathleenkatposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Incest, though we all know it's wrong, it's very hard to define exactly how far is "too far." What separates a hug and a kiss on the cheek, from something inappropriate? Many people, many families, and many cultures have different ideas on what is okay, and not okay, to do. And different ideas on what kind of relationships are okay to have, and not okay to have.

Nine generations ago, two cousins married. They produced the parent, of the parent, of the parent, and so on, who eventually produced me. At that time, marriage between cousins was culturally acceptable. And I am sure they loved each other very much, and did not feel violated at all.