Freeloading and/or Otherwise Dependent Relatives-MOST of Us Have THEM

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

There are relatives who refuse to do anything for themselves.   They are of the contention if  YOU are successful then THEY should be successful-via YOU.   However, if YOU put to them the folly of their ways, THEY  become HIGHLY INDIGNANT, telling you that since you have more than they do, you should WILLINGLY share.     If YOU do not share with them, they will exert every manipulative means to make you share your goodies with them.   They refuse to comprehend the concept of doing for oneself.   Do you agree with this premise?   Why?  Why not?

2. nina64 profile image80
    nina64posted 3 years ago

Hello, gmwilliams, reading your forum post brings to mind a certain individual in my family. I have a nephew who is a young twenty something who seems to live off of his single mom and two sisters. It makes me angry to see him constantly posting his statues on Facebook while they are hard at work. And I'm not sure if my sister has said anything to him in regards to his lack of contributing to the family household. He has graduated high school some years ago and went to Job Corp, but he still has found no employment to this day. I do know not if he is trying to look for a job. That is truly sad!!!!! I can't understand why my sister has allowed this to go on for so long. My heart is saddened by this situation, but only she can fix this problem. I say, kick him out and he will soon find out what it means to work for what you want in life and not have it given to you on a silver platter. If you don't work, you don't eat!!!!!!