jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Sandy Hook Elementary School

1. profile image0
    reserve27posted 4 years ago

Do you believe Adam Lanza's mother is responsible for school shooting? Although she wrote a check for the guns he purchase. Do you believe she has a mental problem?

1. Zelkiiro profile image84
      Zelkiiroposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, she is responsible. Parents and their parenting skills are the #1 (and technically #2) aspect(s) that determines how a child ends up and what they do later in life. Not only is it likely that Adam Lanza's parents were negligent--even if unconsciously so--but his mental instability sure as hell did him no favors, either.

Poor parenting and undiagnosed/untreated mental disorders were the deciding factors here.

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
        Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If she would of taken the shrink's advice and get her psycho kid into treatment instead of being in denial and buying him guns, maybe, just maybe all that wouldn't of happened.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

The adult person who did the shooting is responsible for the shooting, he did what he did intentionally. No matter how unfortunate his mother's judgment might have been, she did not mean for anyone to die.

1. Zelkiiro profile image84
      Zelkiiroposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm interpreting the question to be "What caused Adam Lanza to perform the shooting," in which case I stand by my previous post. :V

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't think that's what "responsible for" means.  Causal links back into the past might include a lot of things.  But the shooter is "responsible" for the shooting.

2. Paul Wingert profile image79
      Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, the idiot was responsible for the shooting. But you add a mother, that was in total denial about her screwed up kid's mental state, buys an arsenal of guns, takes him out to gun ranges....gee, what possibly can go wrong?

3. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

I'm not usually big on the "blame the mother for everything" excuse.
    But what in the world was Mrs. Lanza thinking when she purchased
    that arsenal of weapons?
    Forget knowing she had an unstable son in the house.
    What could SHE possibly need them for?
    roll

working