jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Can a Father love his child as much as a Mother?

1. techgossip profile image83
    techgossipposted 3 years ago

When we say parent, we mean our Father and Mother, We just use one word to describe our father and mother may be because for a child his father and mother means equal, but can a child be loved by his father as much as his mother?

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, of course they can.
      I know some fathers who showed as much, and actually more, love than the mother.

2. bBerean profile image60
      bBereanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

A father absolutely can and should love their children every bit as much as the mother does.  Fathers can love their children more, but of course, ideally both parents should love their children so much it would be difficult to discern which loved them more.  It may sound corny and pollyannish, but it is true.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think so yes, in different ways that the society and nature ascribed different roles. Example is they both nurture and protect the child in different ways.

4. Kevin Peter profile image73
      Kevin Peterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ya, in some cases it may be true that a father's love exceeds the love of a mother. But from my experience a mother's love has got no limits. A mother is equal to 1000 fathers.

2. 0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

Yes of course, but I have noticed something interesting over the years. The father seems to look at the wife like she looks at the children. She is his first focus in most cases. His actions and aspirations seem to be focused on taking care of her. He wants to protect her, hold her, provide for her and make her happy... the mother looks at her children the same. It's not that the father's focus isn't on the kids, it just seems to be the woman he focuses on first and the mother on the child.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Happy mom, happy children smile

1. 0
        Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

There's a comedian that says "Happy wife, happy life." lol

3. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Of course, a father can love his child as much than a mother can.   It is not the gender of the parent but  how much he/she has the ability and capability to love his/her child.  Some fathers show more and a better quality of love to their children while some mothers are not highly demonstrative towards their children.  Gender is totally a nonissue as to whether parents show love or the amount of love given to a child.