jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

1. 0
    reserve27posted 3 years ago

Name few traits your brother or sister have that bothers you. Last week,few days, month ago

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Why?  It would be much easier, and I would rather, name traits that make me love them more.

1. Mighty Mom profile image90
        Mighty Momposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good answer, wilderness!
        How lucky your siblings are.

2. 0

@ wilderness why not name those traits. I have brother and love him to death.  he has traits need to be work on. I have traits that are lovable and not lovable.  At the end of the day I'm happy to have sibling close in age.

I guess because I see nothing to be gained by discussing negative personality traits of specific individuals in an open, public forum. 

The individual being discussed will probably never see it, but if (s)he does, and recognizes themselves), I doubt they would be pleased.  I would not...

It can only harm me by speaking negatively of my siblings.  It cannot make me feel good to spread such gossip, cannot help me improve myself in any manner.  It can, and probably will, make me feel badly as I learn to spread malicious gossip.

Nor can it do anyone else that reads it any good outside of satisfying their ugly fascination of gossip - something I find quite disgusting and have no wish to provide anyone.  I make an effort, when discussing people, to maintain a positive discussion, not negative.  I find it improves my outlook on life in general.

So...I have no reason to name those traits and lots of reasons not to.

3. 0

@wilderness valid point. I was personally blowing off emotional steam. I didn't anticipated anyone to respond. My approach was wrong i can admit however im not negative individual. Or having negative mindset towards people. Also I realize I've been slightly stress from exams. I appreciate your response. Yes, love and support from your family is true blessing. I appreciate your response.

You're welcome.  I figured it was something like that.

I am blessed by the most supportive family, from great grandparent on down, that I've ever seen.  They are a wonderful bunch and I would never do anything to intentionally hurt them, thus my responses.

4. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 3 years ago

On the other end of the sibling spectrum is my sister-in-law.
    What traits bother me?
    Lying, cheating and stealing come to mind.
    It's not slander or gossip if it's true.
    And it is. Very sad. Didn't break the family apart so much as exploded it.
    My poor husband is still picking shrapnel out of his heart.
    BTW I love my sister and brother They each have strengths that are my weaknesses.
    And I think vice versa in some areas, too!

5. 0
    WhitneyAustinposted 3 years ago

I have four sisters and one brother. Everyone has a trait that bothers us all. I do get irritated at them sometimes. I guess for two of my sisters, the trait that I don't like is that they disrespect my parents. They treat me and my parents like we're stupid or something. I don't get it but that's okay. I love them all anyways.