jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Trouble cleaning...

1. Kika Rose profile image84
    Kika Roseposted 7 years ago

As a fresh-out-of-high-school-er, I still have trouble cleaning my room. I've managed to go through four drawers in my dresser... ... And that's it. It needs to be done by Tuesday, too...

I've got pictures of the disaster that is my room on my Messy Room hub thing, which is probably the most hypocritical thing I've ever written. But still. I just have the hardest time cleaning my own room. Like, I can clean almost any other room in the house, and my friends' rooms, but not my own. I get overwhelmed and cranky and finally I throw my hands up in the air and scream, "EFF THIS!"

Does anyone have some good tips on how to get oneself to clean one's bedroom?

1. 0
      Leta Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi, Kika!

Are you still writing? 

You have to ask yourself, why aren't you cleaning your room?  Is it like you are trying to control something, actually, by living in the messy room?

I'd also say, just start for ten minutes.  If you get overwhelmed, you can stop at that point.  (Most likely you'll keep going once you start.)

2. Teresa McGurk profile image81
      Teresa McGurkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I just move.  Works every time.

2. LondonGirl profile image92
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

Tell yourself you aren't allowed onto the internet until it's clean and tidy....

3. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 7 years ago

Cleaning room????????? O please, what is the use? After all it will become dirty again in a day or two...... enjoy being dirty!!!! hehehe

4. Vibhavari profile image86
    Vibhavariposted 7 years ago

Just get a friend to help you with it. Then all you have to do is maintain it..

5. tonks21 profile image59
    tonks21posted 7 years ago

Speaking from personal experience I have to say that once your room is clean and tidy you will be more relaxed in there and will be able to get other things in your life done.

When I clean I put on my favorite music or movie and listen to it while cleaning. It makes the time more fun and it makes it go by faster.

1. 49er profile image80
      49erposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree, I always feel better when my home is clean. I think one of the most important things is cleaning as you go. Rather than waiting all week to pick up your laundry, put it in the hamper to begin with. Same thing goes for the dishes. This way, your room will stay cleaner longer and you will have less work to do when it comes time to clean...