jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Happy birthday?

1. pebbles29 profile image61
    pebbles29posted 7 years ago

wouldn't it be extra special if you celebrated it with the special people in your life? like your family. sad

2. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Pebbles, We all know that birthdays are important and wonderful and I have celebrated many birthdays with family and loved ones, however we don't always have to celebrate our birthdays with someone, we can celebrate with ourselves the best thing is buy yourself some flowers, or a special gift love and treat yourself to a day spa and a nice dinner , you will find that you are celebrating your life and all of the strangers around you will celebrate with you.smile

pebbles29posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I understand what you mean. maybe i'm just over reacting and i get too emotional when i think about my dad. i'll be celebrating my birthday soon and he's suppose to be my last dance but he can't make it. maybe i just have to accept the fact that he really can't make it and still enjoy my birthday. smile

thanks AEvans i love your suggestion about buying myself some flowers. i've never done that. smile i'll buy one on my birthday. i think it will make me feel better and happy. smile

1. TravelMonkey profile image59
        TravelMonkeyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

can you buy some for me please, I love flowers smile

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 7 years ago

I agree with those thoughts AEvans!
    We don't need others to make us feel loved and special.
    It's perpetuated by TV ads to sell some cards and gifts.
    Although it's nice to get the attention and gifts,others may feel put on the spot due to social pressures.
    that that make sense? I'm a little philosophical today..hmm

4. britneydavidson profile image60
    britneydavidsonposted 7 years ago

it will be really special and enjoying.

pebbles29posted 7 years ago in reply to this

IT WAS! smile i bought myself a color pink rose. smile and i enjoyed the whole day. together with my mom, sister and relatives we ate at a restaurant. it was simple yet fun. smile