jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Does anyone else think the kid show 'Cailou' is a good show for kids?

1. Kevina Oyatedor profile image39
    Kevina Oyatedorposted 3 years ago

I have a niece and nephew and they love the show. But as I watch it with them, i see that he is kind of spoiled. Maybe it's just me.

1. amiebutchko profile image93
      amiebutchkoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's very funny you should say that because this show has been around a long time.  My oldest son used to watch it when he was very little and he is 13 now.  I remember a bunch of mommies saying the exact same thing - that Cailou was spoiled - one day at a mommy and me coffee.  I do see the point. He was a little spoiled, but I think that it was showing the nature of children.  I think he always learns a lesson by the end of the show.

Kevina Oyatedorposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thats very true about him learning a lesson at the end of the show

2. Jonathan Janco profile image80
    Jonathan Jancoposted 3 years ago

Have never seen the show before but I checked out a couple of clips on youtube. Didn't get the impression so much that he's spoiled. Of course, I live in SW CT, so I experience ridiculously spoiled children on a daily basis. If their parents are good at directing them away from such a mindset, then I wouldn't worry about it.

3. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

When I was a kid, I watched Gargoyles, Ren & Stimpy, and S.W.A.T. Kats.

Screw that soft, limp-noodle pastel crap. Except Little Bear, because Little Bear is legitimately good.

LOL. I loved Ren & Stimpy. My older brother used to watch Gargoyles too.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

My kids never took to "Caillou," which was fine by me because I always found him somewhat creepy.  Like a zombie Charlie Brown.

I always wondered why Caillou was bald when the rest of his family had hair. Did I miss a Very Special Episode where he started chemo or something??

LOL. My entire family questioned that as well. He's four and bald but Rosie is one and has hair. My niece loves it for some reason.

working