Elderly abuse

1. castoriehandley93 profile image59
    castoriehandley93posted 2 years ago

I've been reading some articles online and it mostly revolves around nursing staffs and facilities neglecting their job and letting their patient to do whatever the hell they want --  because I write elderly materials. So far, all the idea that i could think of to stop this is implementation of stricter laws and higher standards that would come from the state. This may sound good but by doing so, nursing facilities will obviously increase their already expensive charging system. What do you think?

1. HowardBThiname profile image91
      HowardBThinameposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Stricter oversight, perhaps, instead of stricter laws. Our laws are already plenty strict. The sad part is that nursing home residents (some of them) are ripe for abuse because they cannot express to the outside world what is happening to them. It's a sad situation, but I think that by encouraging the public- church groups - youth groups - and just individuals, to visit nursing homes on a regular basis would help because it provides more "eyes."

There are privacy issues with putting cameras in all the rooms and the most likely times for abuse will probably come on the night shifts when there are no visitors roaming the halls.