Can we only teach kids? We can learn a lot of things from kids, for instance
How to live in the present.
How to be happy without a significant reason.
How to be tenacious for something, such as a toy.
Share your thoughts.
I agree, Zeeshan, children are happy without significant reason and they live in the present.
1. They are born with Joy of Life.
2. The sense of time, (located in the frontal lobe,) does not fully develop until the twenties.
The frontal lobes are important in two major areas: the anterior part of the frontal lobe is called the prefrontal cortex and is very important in the highest mental functions (decision making, judgment, planning, reasoning, impulse control), as well as the determination of personality. The posterior part of the frontal lobe controls motor functions and is divided into the premotor cortex (modification of movement) and the motor cortex (production of movement). Memories related to its function are also stored in the frontal cortex. This is the last brain lobe to mature, and the prefrontal cortex is the last of the frontal lobe structures to mature."
It is our job to protect their joy of life and allow them to live in the present.
1. Teach/ live the Ten Commandments and Golden Rule.
2. Protect them from early sexualization in the form of flamboyantly provocative pop music idols, and inappropriate movies, and these days... inappropriate ads and commercials.
3. Keep them off pharmaceutical drugs when they really do not need them. (Most do not need them.)
4. Kids need to be adjusting to real life and not technological life in the form of iPhones, iPads, computers, TV shows and movies.
5. Kids need the love of their families and need to be payed attention to. What are their interests? Adults can facilitate and inspire INTEREST. We can educate our children with the purpose of helping them toward life. And remember, grades are not everything!
What are your children truly interested in?
Watch for whatever stimulates them and inspires their enthusiasm.
We just need to pay attention...
and observe them closely with an open, objective mind.
We need to recognize the spirit of every child.
And let them remind us of our own.
Thanks for the detailed and informative reply.
Thanks for thinking of our children. They are our true hope. We can determine to help them to the fullest extent and in so doing, lead us all toward a better future.
Read Absorbent Mind and The Secret of Childhood by Maria Montessori. She is the one who enlightened me. She was 300 years ahead of her time and very misunderstood to this day. (I mentored with a woman who worked with Dr. Montessori during her exile in India.)
I think one thing that is lovely to learn from children is renewed wonder and awe. We are so used to life and all it brings, but when you see things through a child's eyes for the first time, and watch their expression, it reminds you of how amazing the world really is. Also, when you have children, you learn fear again. When it is only us out there, I think we forget some dangers. But when you have a child, you do not want them to do anything for fear of harm! This includes things like eating bad foods and driving too fast!
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.