jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Food for Thought Yet Again

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8999312.jpg
    Here'are some clips from youtube, watch and discuss. What makes some people do the things they DO? Where is the LOGIC? 
    http://youtu.be/YD6gYSX6fOo
    http://youtu.be/MN1RgyuLNq0

gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well, there ISN'T any if you tell me.  Some people act mindlessly and thoughtlessly without thinking of the ramifications.

2. oceansnsunsets profile image90
      oceansnsunsetsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I watched both of those videos.  It is very interesting because for me, that would NOT be a logical thing to do.  For the most part though that I saw, these parents have their struggles but are trying to be good parents.  The second video didn't seem to show some of the damage we saw in the first family, to be fair.  The dad's alcoholism and how it affects everyone to a degree. 

When I looked at the second family though, they are trying hard, the kids seem happy and the parents know they are basically giving up their lives to raise those kids.  Its a lot of work, but they are willing to put it in, and give the love they can.  For me, that wouldn't probably work, as I don't know that I and my husband could handle it.  So it would break my heart that I can't provide for them all in the way they needed.  Even with a big heart, I would be neglecting someone.  I am amazed at what they are doing, even if it seems a little crazy.

1. cathylynn99 profile image79
        cathylynn99posted 2 years ago in reply to this

they have no health insurance. completely irresponsible.

Again, YES it is irresponsible to have children without being financially prepared and financially able to raise them.  Again, this is TYPICAL of large/very large families-only PHYSICALLY having chilldren without concern of their physical, emotional, intellectual, and socioeconomic warfare.  Parents of large/very large families have the attitude that so ------------ what, if their kids struggle or go hungry or be without the things that normal children have, so BE it.   Their attitude is THEY THEY THEY, not giving two hoots about their children.  Cathy, this is typical of parents of large/very large families and children who come from large/very large families.  They do not think like you and me.

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image82
    LeslieAdrienneposted 2 years ago

People do what they do because they have the freedom... What we think is just fuel for discussion and, thank God our opinions are just what they are opinions....

3. cathylynn99 profile image79
    cathylynn99posted 2 years ago

irresponsible

Yep, irresponsible, selfish, and stupid.  Not concerned about the psychological, emotionial, and financial welfare of the children.  Parents in name only, not authentic parents who are concerned about their children.

working