jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

There were two cases of children in hot, locked cars where the parents

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

are want to be paid.
    Case 1 - Passers-by saw a child in a back seat and called 911. Police were called and a window was smashed only to find that it was a doll. Person wants to be paid for window.
    Case 2 - Someone left their child in their car (live child this time) and again the window was smashed. Only to find out that the woman had locked her keys in the car and left for a few minutes to get help. Now she is suing - probably for more than the other one.

2. ocfireflies profile image80
    ocfirefliesposted 2 years ago

I think these cases are a sad commentary on the way some people will use any situation as an opportunity to sue someone else.  I would think that the parents would realize the intent was to save their children and not to just smash in the windows of their cars.  In addition, I would think that auto insurance would take care of replacing the windows. Just a sad commentary and I hope these cases do not dissuade someone else in the future from smashing a window in order to save a child or animal.  Finally, in the second case, I do not understand why that parent did not smash the window herself or at the very least send someone else to get help while she stayed with her child.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
      Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago in reply to this

1. Drive with bare feet. Put your shoes near the child.
      2. We have to make it illegal to place dolls in a child's car seat for any reason what-so-ever from now on.  Poor Caroline.

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

While I understand the motivation, if someone smashed my window over a doll or plush toy I would want them to pay for it.  An honest mistake is still a mistake.