jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

Should one send Mother's Day Flowers to an x-mother-in-law?

1. howieta profile image60
    howietaposted 7 years ago

My girl friend was asking me that question, because after her divorse she still likes her x-mother-in-law, who is trying to bring them back together.  She has a hard time making her x-mother-in-law understand that she is not interested anymore in her x, but she still wants to keep a relationship with her.  I guess she needs to be persistent communicating her feelings to her x-mother-in-law, but I am curious for your advice.

Regarding my self, I messed up so much in all these relationships, so I am not qualified to give anyone advice.

1. 0
      jjrubioposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't see why not. I have always kept in touch with my ex's moms. one of them emails me at least once a week and I haven't dated her son since 1997. if they are your friend it doesn't matter whether you are with their son anymore or not. They are still people you care about and if you grew strong relationships with the mom, then there's nothing wrong with remembering to give them something on mother's day. I mean they are a MOM.

2. vivekananda profile image73
    vivekanandaposted 7 years ago

Of course! You can send Mother's Day flowers to an x-mother-in-law if you love her so much. Love has no boundaries, whether it is mother- in-law or ex-mother- in-law. If you really love her, you can send her flowers and gifts.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I also give my sons grandmother b-day gifts n celebrate mothers day with her smile keeping peace within a broken family has been good medicine for my own kids. They are happy and thats been my goal. I 2nd that idea, go ahead n give your x mom flowers n what not smile

4. rambo87 profile image60
    rambo87posted 7 years ago

No way, it is an X for a reason and chances are the mother has the same traits. Onwards and upwwards, if you really want to send flowers to someone how about giving them to someone deserving?

5. rescue dogs 1 profile image60
    rescue dogs 1posted 7 years ago

Why not. Just because it didnt work out with her daughter. If you like her then go for it

6. Sally's Trove profile image100
    Sally's Troveposted 7 years ago

My mother likes my ex.  I don't.  They have a nice relationship.  I admire my mom in many ways for keeping that relationship between herself and my ex.  It's good for my daughter, and it's good for my mom and my ex.  If one person likes another, then go for it.  Good things may happen when you least expect them, because good things come from the heart, not only from any kind of rule of engagement.

7. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

When children are involved ... keeping the peace and behaving with *mature* adult conduct ...shows good role model behavior. Just cuz we dont like our X dont mean we have to go on a crusade to have others hate the X too tongue thats jus childish.

8. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Maybe the mother in law means well by trying to bring them back together, but she is just not fully aware of the situation.  I think what your friend is doing is best and it is good to be friends with people no matter what.  You never know when you may need a friend smile.

9. 0
    C. C. Riterposted 7 years ago

I loved my ex mother-in-law for the last 38 years as well as her children. We all get along fine. Well, that is until she just recently passed on. Now the family is fighting amongst themselves, my ex wife and I are friends still as well as her husband and we see each other frequently and they have attended my several parties here at my house, the whole gang.
    It depends on your particular situation.

10. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 7 years ago

You should probably send flowers who people that you want to send flowers to, as a heart-felt gift, not out of guilt.

11. TravelMonkey profile image61
    TravelMonkeyposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't send flowers anyway - abandon ship!

12. aka-dj profile image80
    aka-djposted 7 years ago

If you are not too sure, be really radical and send them to me. LOL
    Seriously, if you careabout her send them. You do what you feel is right. How the other person interprets that act, is not your problem.