Some People Can't Adopt

1. greeneyedblondie profile image79
    greeneyedblondieposted 22 months ago

I was just reading an article on what people say to big families on a regular basis, and one of them is, "Why don't you just adopt? We have enough people in this world." Then they go on insulting people who have a large biological family. I'm not against adopting at all, in fact, I think it's a great idea, but I also think it's a bad idea to degrade people for not adopting.

Adopting a child means you take in a child that didn't come out of you or wasn't once a sperm in you. It's basically as simple as that. There are people out there though that can't handle raising a child that doesn't have a piece of their DNA. It can be strange to most of us probably think it's strange, but over time the adult can begin to feel the child "isn't really theirs." It can break and bond that was created or stop all connections from starting at all. No one will be happy at the end of this.

There are other reasons some people can't adopt as well. They might not have the money (just like some couples might not have the money to raise a child they got pregnant with). Others might not be able to get past the rigorous screening process most if not all agencies have. My mom and dad tried adopting, but the woman said that because my mom's parents were divorced she couldn't adopt (that makes no sense I know). There are stupid "rules" like this in some adoption agenies out there. That's another thing as well, some people choose a bad agency and never try again after the horrible experience.

This is why some people just can't adopt.

1. oceansnsunsets profile image88
      oceansnsunsetsposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Interesting thoughts.  I think people should be free to do what they want in regards to having children and adopting.  Life is precious, why not encourage it, if the family is able to raise young children and provide for their needs? 

Adopting isn't for everyone, that is probably true.  For those that do it, and succeed at it, great kudos to them!  To suggest people ought to not have large families seems like a strange thing to me, and the adopting comments are a side issue.  I could be wrong.  I think there is too much government control as it is.  I don't more of it in the lives of people, and would desire less if possible.

I am more for a "live and let live" mentality, or philosophy.  I think it is the most moral.