Making a critical life decision.

1. Trinette1109 profile image80
    Trinette1109posted 18 months ago
    ATTN ALL PARENTS; I have to make a choice to either leave my child with a trusted family member while I go to another city to work so as to provide for he and I or take him with me. The only reason I'm concerned about taking him is because he only has 8 weeks left in school and he is doing great. However we don't have anyplace to live I don't have a car right now and its been this way for almost a year. I want to make the best choice for him and us as a whole. please share your opinions on the topic.

1. janesix profile image73
      janesixposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I am not a parent, but I don't see why it would be much of a problem to leave him temporarily, to set things up well before bringing him to the new city. I assume you will eventually bring him, when things are going better?

2. Joe Fiduccia profile image61
    Joe Fiducciaposted 18 months ago

Obviously we are not in your position...and I trust you'll do what's best for you family.  But I would say if they are TRULY a trusted family member, if your child already has a close bond with them, if it's only for a very short time, if your child understands what's going on, and if it's being done in the best interests of you and your child...then I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing.  smile