about love

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (66 posts)
  1. profile image49
    ladyvenusposted 15 years ago

Are you lucky in love? me "'m not hehe

1. profile image0
      isis_dreams2002posted 15 years agoin reply to this

well i thought i was happy in love being married to this man but who can say what goes wrong he just had enough of married life one day and just packed up and left that was five months ago yes i could take it a not having luck in love but i do not i look at it as if it does not work out it was not ment to be and no matter what you do it never will not until you meat the true love of your life.

1. profile image49
        ladyvenusposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry to hear this from you.It is really most guys who breaks the vows when the women are  just trying to give there best. Like the song why do we hurt someone we love, love hurts, foolish heart hehe name it.

1. profile image0
          isis_dreams2002posted 15 years agoin reply to this

thank you ladyvenus for your kind words but dont be sorry Iam not Iam much happyer now than i have been for a while

2. profile image48
      flipflopnheelsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am lucky because I know how to get out of it if it is no longer working. Despite of some failed relationships, falling in love still excites me.

2. Curious Traveller profile image69
    Curious Travellerposted 15 years ago

Never have been - and have now accepted that I never will be - lucky in anything.

1. profile image49

This is sad to hear. why is that so? By the way I noticed you only published 3 hubs but look you have high score what did you do hehe. To be honest my adsense earnings is still 0.14 as of today. How about you would you tell? hehe

2. beautyrose profile image60
      beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey curious traveler where you've been. Long time no see. Did you go on long vacation?

Well about me I have lots of love to offer but sad to say I don't have romantic love right now grrrr. lols

3. Curious Traveller profile image69
    Curious Travellerposted 15 years ago

I very much wish that I knew, ladyvenus - so many contributary factors.

Still, not to worry: the sun will still rise in the morning - maybe!

1. profile image49

What time is it there you seem to be answering me fast as you could hehe and I'm glad you do. Here its  Sunday 8:00 am. Thanks for the company in the forum.

1. Curious Traveller profile image69
        Curious Travellerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You are very welcome. Here in Scotland, it is 1.10am and I should be in bed.

I am not tired, however.

It is so complicated, my circumstances, but to address your query re my Hubs: I am a professional writer. I am part of a professional partnership here on Hub Pages and although our experiences are absolutely real - I swear! - they are not necessarily as they appear. It is not the "happy couple" on vacation.

I am not back in Scotland through choice, ladyvenus, as I had left my "homeland" with a vow only to return for "occasional" family visits.

Circumstances often change our priorities, however, and that is certainly what happened in my instance.

1. profile image49

ok I understand you. But me when I can't sleep well just like last night because my bother was drunk he disturbed me. I don't feel good because its only in sleeping that we recharge our bodies so I hope you'll have a good night sleep later. And so you are a professional writer? so you know the famous dale carnegie ? I duno if i spelled it right. That author is my favorite I read most of her books in our school library. And you mean you left your wife and kids in your hometown? I'm sure you missed them already.

4. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 15 years ago

As of now, absolutely. Previously...err...

5. aniketgore profile image61
    aniketgoreposted 15 years ago

I was bad in love for once but now i am happy to have a gal in my life. Its a very good feeling.

1. profile image49

well good for you.

6. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years ago

I cannot subscribe to the happiness of love.. as long as there are discrimination based on sex... female children are killed, just because they are girls. Why that discrimination? Why not boy child be killed? Even if a single girl or women is illtreated in any corner of the world, there is no justification for others to think of love or things of that kind. 
    In Srilanka, every girl fear to come out of their trenches because of being caught by soldiers. They cant ever go out for natural calls and their whole trench is filled with bad smell and many diseases attack the young girls. If one think that someone in a corner of the world are subjected to this kind of illtreatment, the thought of love wont come. Let us first help the affected people... then think of self-enjoyment.

1. profile image49

oh pity the people there. The form of government must be change.

7. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

I have love yes. My family, friends, dogs... even a hairball..but a man? errr....not much luck there. I am terrifying, lol lol

8. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 15 years ago

I think I'm very lucky in love ♥

9. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

Probably very.  I have had a few great passions.  smile  That is what I look for.

10. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 15 years ago

Yes. I have also been unlucky too, at times.
    Right now, I not only have a great romantic love but I have the love of my little son which is so amazing and transcendent that I could never have imagined it possible!

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Any bad luck I have had with love has been of my own making. I feel very lucky in love though, as I have children and grandchildren, an ex who still loves me as a person and the love of a few close friends. I feel very loved.

1. profile image49

My prince hasn't come yet! where is he wondering now. lol

2. apeksha profile image67
        apekshaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great you think very deep from heart....
        Hats off...

11. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

To me I have other kinds of love in my life, like family and friends.  If I wait for my prince I will be one lonely lady, so I just decided to start living in the present and not hoping for that.  Negative for some perhaps, but I have reached the conclusion I am just not a relationship kind of girl.

1. countrywomen profile image61
      countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

About an year ago I met a guy on my parents insistence but it didn't work out and then I just carried on with my life. And now my husband is my life. Things can change very quickly. You never know when, where and how you will meet that one guy who will mean the world to you. You deserve the best and I am sure there is a lucky guy somewhere meant for you. smile

1. SweetiePie profile image81
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You are so sweet and your posts always make me feel better.  Honestly I am just not feeling it at all, but your positive thoughts give me hope smile.

2. packerpack profile image59
      packerpackposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hey I am just like you. Never fell in love to know whether or not I was lucky. But hey you are beautiful and I am sure you can be a good love girl. Trust me! O you don't believe? Ok, then lets fall in love and test who is more lucky. What say Sweetie???? wink wink

1. SweetiePie profile image81
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I thought you were married?

1. packerpack profile image59
          packerpackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me married????? O no, what made you think like that????? I couldn't even have a girlfriend forget about marriage.......

1. profile image49
            ladyvenusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then maybe its time you search for a gf . Wink*

That's what I am trying to do.

3. profile image49

you are too sweet to be alone. Wink*

12. lawretta profile image62
    lawrettaposted 15 years ago

I am luck with love. I have had it all and done it all but for fear i can't commit to a man.

13. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Alas the Captain is unlucky in love, like an earlier poster my wife left about 7 months ago but I have refound myself and now I hope to start over again. The human being is a remarkable thing, bounces back better than a rubber ball.

1. Candie V profile image60
      Candie Vposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well my dear BadCo, here you are in the hub trenches!  My dear Captain, what can I say you haven't said to yourself?  I hate long drawn out "cheerleading" (You'll be ok, rah rah rah) Get on a plane, cross the pond, we'll have a chat! (by chatting I mean.. uh, chatting) You wanted to play my game so let's play and see how interesting it really can get!

14. apeksha profile image67
    apekshaposted 14 years ago

I am very unlucky in love...as i haven't got my love...due to my & his carrier
    Looking for the Cameo...
    The perfect man with perfect nature..

Its all about Gods gifts..
    The people who gets their love must be very lucky...
    But I know he still loves me a lot....

So are you single??? wink

1. profile image49

Then you can be lover then. Why not. Wink*

1. apeksha profile image67

Ya I am single...lonely grit girl...

1. profile image49

Well all singles here lets just wait who knows our prince charming is here hehehehe.

2. packerpack profile image59

O great so you are single. But worry no more I am here, we can be good ...... wink

15. Justin Rhinehart profile image57
    Justin Rhinehartposted 14 years ago

I've had the absolute worst luck.  I don't need to go into the nitty-gritty... but I've developed trust issues from my last relationship.  Cheating is just one of those things that you don't get over very easily.

Also, it's hard to find girls who I can have any kind of intellectual conversation with, especially in a small town.  I'm looking forward to moving out in the very near future to a place where I can really find someone to have some smart dialogue with.

16. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

I would like to say that 'I am lucky in love'. But unfortunately I have not been very lucky...

17. shibashake profile image83
    shibashakeposted 14 years ago

Bah love - All I need are dog biscuits! big_smile

And maybe some of Ben and some of Jerry.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cherry Garcia please........

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Chunky Monkey is my favourite smile

18. Elynjo profile image59
    Elynjoposted 14 years ago

Forgive me, but I'd rather use the word "Blessed" than "Luck" I am blessed for being in-love for over 10 years now :-)

19. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I'll take some "Imagine Whirled Peace" please. And I have been "blessed" with love for over four years smile

20. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

We are all neighbors in love.

21. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

Yes I've been lucky, very lucky and more than once!

Love Defined

Love is more than a word
    A warm whisper barely heard
    Tender kiss on trembling lips
    Gentle hands on curvaceous hips

A tingle passed on touching tongues
    Breath captured in rising lungs
    Arms locked in a warm embrace
    A longing look on a pretty face

Fingers caress pointed peaks
    Shaking legs becoming weak
    Bodies entwined in passions blaze
    Reason is lost mind in a daze

Fire of desire consumes two souls
    Two is one now out of control
    Love is all this and much more
    While one may suffer the other endures

Together in hand a union strong
    Ready for all that may come along
    Tried and tested loyal and true
    Love is all that I've found in you!

22. Bredavies profile image60
    Bredaviesposted 14 years ago

I'm not exactly sure if I know anything about love..But I think I do.
    I know the feelings that others have described. And I don't think I've been that lucky in it. But I'm not worried. Cause I have things I need to work on.

Whose goin love you if you can't love yourself.

23. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Some say luck occurs when opportunity meets preparation.  I do consider myself lucky in love.  It only took me six divorces before I met my wife, Pam.  We've been together almost 13 years now and wouldn't have it any other way.

But to get to the point of meeting each other, each of us had to be willing to pay the price along the way, and that price wasn't exactly, um...cheap.

24. HubChief profile image71
    HubChiefposted 14 years ago

and I just finished relationship conflict management related hub. what a coninicidence!

I have been lucky.

25. Charia Samher profile image61
    Charia Samherposted 14 years ago

I am very much lucky in love! I'm hoping and praying that it will last for a lifetime.

26. blaise25 profile image74
    blaise25posted 14 years ago

well, i am one of those loveless :c

27. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I  have been very lucky in love

28. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Yes I have been but a lot of trial and error! big_smile

29. profile image48

Unlucky in both Love and Gambling, Woe is Me. Although me Mammy loves me, does that count ?

1. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Definitely.

A mothers' love is a precious gift. One I don't have but boy I sure love my children. And they know it. And complain from time to time.

But they love it really. We're a great little family big_smile

1. profile image48
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Would you adopt me, sounds like a fun family, mine complain too much, I don't know where they get it from smile

No problem. Consider yourself a member of the Family Frogdropping and hence forth find yourself known as Frogspawn smile

Funny you know but I was sat with two of my three a few days ago. We were roaring with laughter, as happens when we're together.

Then the café owner asked if my kids were my brother and sister. I was feeling extremely chuffed.

Then my kids fell about laughing.

Humph smile

30. profile image48

Yeah, I actually saw yer pic oh frogperson and I can understand why he said it, jeeeez why do ya think I was trying to get adopted smile

Shhhhhh lol. I'm horrible and green smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)