jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Is it okay for a 4 year old boy to kiss other children?

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image73
    SakinaNasir53posted 2 weeks ago

I had seen a four year old boy kissing all other kids (both boys and girls) nearby him. His mother who was watching this, laughed cheerfully. She said, "Haha, as he does this, all his friends stay away from him."

Well I didn't laugh at her comment nor was I amused. I felt the mother should have stopped this behavior. A child doesn't understand what is right and wrong.
    A mother is responsible for teaching good values to her child. If the small boy does this now, what will be the future outcome? Would he stop kissing other kids as he gets older?

So I ask, is it right for a small child to kiss others like this? What is your opinion about this?

2. Paxash profile image86
    Paxashposted 2 weeks ago

I agree that the mother certainly should put a stop to that behavior before he gets older. She needs to sit him down and tell him that it's not okay to go around kissing other children who clearly don't want him to be doing that.

It's an issue of consent and violating personal boundaries and the mother needs to make sure he understands that that kind of behavior is not okay before it turns into something worse.

SakinaNasir53posted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Yes, you put it together very well. I share the same thoughts.
      Thanks for commenting Paxash. ☺

3. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 2 weeks ago

Kissing how?  Like a peck on the cheek?

If my daughter did this I'd tell her she needs to ask first if it's okay, and if the other kid says yes then I don't see a problem with it.  At four years old the kissing is probably just a sweet gesture of affection.

Whether the mother stops it or not I would put money on it being a phase.  When he gets a bit older and the social rules become a bit more clear and strict then he'll probably have no interest in doing it.

SakinaNasir53posted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Yes, a peck on the cheek. But the boy had even kissed a girl toddler on her lips...
      Yeah, you are right. The other kids weren't pleased to be kissed by a stranger (even though he was a kid). Permission is important.
      Thanks for commenting Aime F. ☺