what's your oppinion about long distance relationship?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (18 posts)
  1. siftlibra profile image56
    siftlibraposted 14 years ago

most of my friends tell me that long distance relationship can't be long.actually i think maybe i have to believe it, because i have just broken up with my BF.we don't live in the same city.our universities are too far away that we can't meet each other even in one year.
         do most boys or men can't bare it?
         i want to know your ideas on it.

1. profile image53
      MSmithHubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't ever start long distance relationship. I have seen too many cases of failure.

2. santoion profile image61
    santoionposted 14 years ago

Some people are scared to meet real people and they have courage only behind the computer. For years, they may be living a virtual relationship without having a real date.

1. siftlibra profile image56
      siftlibraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

but i think that's not common.most of us who keep a long distance realationship really want to have  real dates and we extremely hope to stay together.
          generally those lovers just can't bare the long time and distance they have to face.

1. profile image58
        BfuDancerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i personally think long distance relationships can work. if both make an effort in the relationship. if it is love it should last.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

My very first Hub was written on my experiences of a Long Distance Relationship.

You are welcome to read it.

4. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I went away to college in South Carolina. That was 652 miles away from my boyfriend. We were apart for 9 months. We saw each other as often as we could... sometimes not seeing each other for a couple months at a time. We've now been together 4 years smile I'm not going to lie... it was really hard. I thought about him all day every day. But can it work? Of course. It totally depends on the couple and how strong they are. smile If you need some tips let me know!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hear that ,it is hard.
      I was in New Zealand and he was in the U.S.A

2. SeSharer profile image59
      SeSharerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is that.

5. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

True Love does not fear a long distance, the feelings in the heart travel much faster than any aeroplane.

1. Lgali profile image57
      Lgaliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with her

6. profile image0
    Hannah Whatleyposted 14 years ago

I believe that True Love can endure all things...for me individually, I do not believe in true love.

-h

7. sunforged profile image72
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

My opinion is dont do it, i had a successful long distance relationship..although we were only apart 4 months - buts its so very uncommon, avoid being possessive, drop the titles, and be whatever works in your situation

8. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Also, don't forget our many military service men and women. Their own relationships are long distance. hmm I would not disapprove of the possibilities...as Colebabie said, it depends on how strong and committed the couple are to the relationship.

9. profile image0
    shreekrishnaposted 14 years ago

i dont know wheather these are relationships or not ,

i met very less girls in my life ,
    & talked only 3-5 girls in my life till today other than my mother & sister.

but our friendships are still exists ,
    we talk each other ,

my friendship with one of them is 8-9 years old ,
    6-7 & 3-4 years with another two's.

i am just now is 18 years 8 months old.

10. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Sometimes long distance relationships are a necessity if you are married to someone that has to travel for work, but these are not conducive for when you first start dating someone.  I dated a guy who lived far away, and I think we had a false sense of intimacy because of phone conversations, but not really spending enough time together. 

The best advice I have heard about long distance relationships is to make a a short term goal to start spending more time together.  If that means moving near by the person to get to know them better, then so be it!  How can you really get to know someone if you live far away?  However, once people are married of course they have to travel for work and such, but I could not get to know someone I never saw.  The Internet and the telephone cannot replace one on one face interaction.

11. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

If they be two, they are two so                                         
        As stiff twin compasses are two ;
    Thy soul, the fix'd foot, makes no show
        To move, but doth, if th' other do.

And though it in the centre sit,
        Yet, when the other far doth roam,                               
    It leans, and hearkens after it,
        And grows erect, as that comes home.

Such wilt thou be to me, who must,
        Like th' other foot, obliquely run ;
    Thy firmness makes my circle just,                                   
        And makes me end where I begun. 

John Donne.  They thought it could work in the Renaissance, too.

12. profile image0
    Adam Bposted 14 years ago

I feel there are too many temptations for people when they are far away from thier partner to sustain a meaningful relationship.  Everyone needs to feel thier partner's love and touch and when they can only rely on emails, phone calls and pictures, your needs for affection and physical touch grow.  This leads to the end of the relationship.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)