jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Games for Children

1. 0
    mdawson17posted 7 years ago

What are some games that could be played with children between the ages of 2 years old and 10 years old? I have seen that many times we do not spend time with our children because we do not know what they like or their interest I am curious what the common child in today's society is into!

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I went biking, boating, fishing, swimming, picnics, tonka trucks, sandcastles, build forts, volleyball, soccer, badminton, to name a few...my kids were always on the go so picked those particular activities. smile

3. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Although you have to be careful about the size of the blocks, most children enjoy sitting with an adult (or by themselves) and "building".  Legos is one of the most "effective" toys, when it comes to keeping kids of all ages interested.

Something my kids and visiting older kids always liked was (for some reason) playing with my daughter's toy kitchen and all the fake food in it.  It's not a game, but it kept kids of all ages entertained (even though it was supposed to be a preschool toy).

Kids like group games that involve playing ball (even if it's just playing some version of "catch").

Making up games is usually fine with kids.  Also, even little kids can play "hide n seek" (even if they don't play as well as the older ones do).  There are inexpensive children's card games (like "Go Fish" and "Old Maid" or "Animal Rummy").

4. 0
    dennisemattposted 7 years ago

coloring books, talk while you color, find out what they like

5. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 7 years ago

I love Jenga, candy land, and so many others. If you look at boardgame stores, you'll find a lot of stuff.

Its great to get together, I feel, as a family and do these things. Make time and all that jazz. =P

6. Andrea Roberts profile image60
    Andrea Robertsposted 7 years ago

I have just wrote my first hub which includes a list of party games, but who says these should only be for partys:-) kids love these games.

7. soni2006 profile image45
    soni2006posted 7 years ago

I will definitely go through that.