What is your definition of LOVE in a relationship?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (27 posts)
  1. choiceessentials profile image60
    choiceessentialsposted 14 years ago

Is love really selfless...? Meaning will you give it all in a relationship? Or should we have some reservations .. so called to safeguard ourselves.

In a relationship, is 'to love' better OR 'to be loved' better?
    (ideally, of course, it should be mutual love for each other)

Possible to be in love with two persons at the same time?

1. profile image55
      Urias K. Rimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Being in love is a choice, not an emotion. Lust is an emotion.

2. andromida profile image55
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

selfless,trust and caring.

3. cashmere profile image76
    cashmereposted 14 years ago

Loyalty, trust and respect!

4. Pete Maida profile image59
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

Love is when you feel crushed when there's sadness in your partner's eyes.  Love is when you'd rather chew off your arm rather than say something that would make her cry.  Love is when you find out that she has spent all day figuring out a way to make you like easier.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very nice Pete.
      Echoes my thoughts too
      Love is not self seeking
      Love is Kind
      smile

5. cashmere profile image76

That's beautiful Pete!

choiceessentialsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree.

Sound like a man who knows how to love....uh?

6. Pete Maida profile image59
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

I must differ with Urias.  If you are with your loved one through good and hard times and you feel a rush when she smiles and heartbreak when she cries.  That is emotion with your clothes on.

7. cashmere profile image76

I need to introduce my husband to you Pete! Really !

8. Ellandriel profile image75
    Ellandrielposted 14 years ago

There is love and there is just passion.
    Passion is strong, burns like the sun but ends up quickly.

Love is friendship, is caring about someone, is to consider the one you love your best friend, to tell him everything, wanting to share you desert with him...

Is feeling good at night just talking, or on each other's arms without sex.
    Love is jump in his neck as soon as he walks through the door coming from work.

Love is when you find yourself hugging him in the middle of the supermarket, dancing and smiling don't acknowledging the rest of the world.

Love is having proud of your loved one and vanity, is enjoying your girlfriends compliments about your husband, how pretty and nice he his.

But without friendship Love will not survive, friendship and trust and also respect....

Hey, yes... yes...

9. profile image0
    Béla Mongyiposted 14 years ago

Love is not enough. You have to give your loved one what she needs, what makes her happy. smile

Very practical and weighing both sides...

10. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

Love never fails, it puts a cloak over all difficulties and helps sort them out

Really hope this happens to every couple.

11. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

Personally, I feel that love is born out of a mutual trust, respect, and joy in each other's company. You take the person you love as they are without wishing to change them, and the worst days with them are always better than the best days without them.

Absence makes the heart grows fonder...isn't not?

12. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I believe that Love is a doing thing. When love is mutual it is born of mutual caring. Doing the dishes or making dinner for your loved one is real honest love.

1. wychic profile image84
      wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen! I have to say that for all the romantic things my other half can do, it makes me feel just as good (if not better) to walk into the kitchen and see the garbage always emptied, the dishes always done, and the counters always clean.

Yes, many of my friends want him to hire himself out as a personal husband trainer tongue

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not surprised! My twenty year old just rang me. He reckons the modern young guys are on to it!Your husband is smart, he knows the way to a girls heart is to show her that he wants to lighten her load.That is true love!

1. wychic profile image84
          wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good, I'm glad some of the modern young guys are catching on! I was beginning to fear for the continuation of the species wink. Personally, I finally gave up on my own age group...the vast majority of males do not grow up until well past the early 20s.

2. choiceessentials profile image60

Yes, but at times.. could be taken for granted. Speaking about myself.. taking him for granted.. ha..ha..

13. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Love in my relationship is bringing out the best in each other. It is being the best version of yourself because you are with that person.

I think that being in love, and being love are the best feelings in the world. I'm not sure if I could pick one as better than the other, or more important.

In love with two people? I think it is possible. In the sense that if your love passes away and you remarry, definitely.

If you have it, you don't need to have anything else, and if you don't have it, it doesn't matter much what else you have.
    James M. Barrie

It's the sense of belonging... when we are being loved.

14. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Some peole 'Love" cheesecake or spaghetti-- But ask yourself, have you ever done anything nice for cheesecake or spaghetti?

15. jasongifford83 profile image56
    jasongifford83posted 14 years ago

You can measure the degree of love someone has for you by how much they're willing to sacrifice in your behalf.

You can tell how much you love someone by how much you are willing to sacrifice in their behalf.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)