jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (21 posts)

Kids say the funniest things.

1. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

Kids say the funniest things.

Example, On a Talent show a little girl who sang was asked by a Judge how old she was.  She said “Four”.  The Judge then asked at what age she started singing.  The child replied  “six”. Lol.   I guess that makes her –2years old.

Have you ever heard a child say something that really tickled you?

1. my-success-guru profile image60
      my-success-guruposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes! I recently asked my nephew who is in kindergarden if he ever saw the principle. He said yes.  Then I asked what did he say? My nephew repliped- he said welcome back! lol lol

2. webismine profile image58
    webismineposted 7 years ago

A boy at our neighbourhood did something which actually made his younger sister fall down. While his parents started enquiring about that he said, "Yes, I agree that I pushed her with force... But, why did she fall down?"

3. fierycj profile image83
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Kids kill me, no kidding. I've got two nephews and a niece. And I can't get enough of them.

Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh, go on Fiery, give us one.  The ones I have read so far have really made me laugh...

4. Kelsey Tallis profile image79
    Kelsey Tallisposted 7 years ago

When my yongest brother was 8, he declared that he thought God was a woman because there were more commercials for girls' toys on TV than boys' toys... lawl.

1. moposan profile image59
      moposanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

smart boy

5. 0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

We had our grandson and grandaughter in the car yesterday, on their own they are great, but the boy who is older, can be quite unkind to his sister...

His grandad said "Please be kind to you sister, I never had a sister only 4 brothers, I wish I had a sister like yours"....

Totally serious the 7 year old said 4 brothers, o.k. swap one of them for her then.........

6. LondonGirl profile image93
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

A few months ago, I told Isaac off for bouncing on the sofa. He looked at me very seriously, wagged a finger, then said, "Mummy very naughty. Isaac very cross."

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I got my marching orders from one of my three year old twin granddaughters. "We don't need a grandpa anymore, you can go home now!"

7. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

The other day I was at a friends house and her daughter is 3 years old. She walked out of her room bare bottom. Her mom said "Liz, where is your diaper?" And she said "Mommy, I had poo, and I didn't want it anymore so I put it on the floor."

8. Beth100 profile image82
    Beth100posted 7 years ago

We use to live on a property that was directly under the flight path of migrating Canada goose.  Every spring and fall, the sky would be blocked out my thousands of migrating geese, all honking from sunrise to sunset.  One early morning, I was walking through the forest with one of my sons, who was 7 at the time, and we could hear the honking but could not see the birds.  We finally broke through the forest and saw some blue sky.  My son then looked up, pointed with his finger and exclaimed "Holy Flock!! Look at them geese!".

9. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Once when I was driving all three of my children for their routine check-up my youngest son asked what the doctor would be doing.  Being careful to keep my voice matter-of-fact and, maybe, a little sing-song-y, I began listing off things like, "He'll see how tall you are, see how much you weigh...".  After I got about four items into the list my three-year-old daughter, also using the sing-song-y voice, added, "check your knee-flexes....".

That is massively cute!

10. Lisa HW profile image83

Ernesthub, I thought so - and from then on, I've always thought of that particular step in a check-up as "knee-flexes".  It was one of those times when a tiny kid almost has it right - but not quite.   smile

11. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

I was hairdressing, 4 year old daughter in tow. My client was an elderly lady. As I was washing her hair, my daughter was staring rather studiously at my client. Then said rather loudly:

"mummy - does she know she's got a moustache?"

Oh dear! doncha just hate that honest age?

12. Lisa HW profile image83

Little kids do scrutinize people, don't they...   smile

I thought of another funny thing:   My son was two when he'd often walk around in his diaper and shirt at home.  He'd fill his father's old briefcase with all kinds of stuff and drag it around.  One of these items was the cloth diaper he used for a "blankie".  He'd announce to us, "I'm a little Santa."  ("Cute", his father and I thought/said.)  This was something he played frequently.

One time, instead of stuffing the "blankie" into the case he wrapped it around his shoulders like a cape, came into the kitchen with the briefcase, and said, "I'm a little prime minister."  Apparently, an old briefcase can be very inspiring for a little kid.

13. Ladybird33 profile image72
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

I had to bring my son to the office and I introduced him to my boss and after my boss walked away from us my son (which is 6 yrs old) says "mommie, who is that fat guy again?" My boss heard him and I just laughed.

Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh dear! good job your boss has a good sense of humour.

14. stephanie mclain profile image80
    stephanie mclainposted 7 years ago

hee hee! These are hilarious!

I have a few nieces, but my one niece Halie is always doing funny things. It's not what she says, but she's just quirky and has a funny personality. She keeps me rolling with funny faces and impersonations. She's going to be a comedian someday. smile