jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (29 posts)

Why it is difficult to restrain to your partner only?

1. Aqeel Saeed profile image60
    Aqeel Saeedposted 7 years ago

It has become a routine practice of developing relationship other than your partner. It is against the LOVE and called unfaithful. Can we call it thing a temptation, lust or what?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image72
      Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

We?
      I call it cheating
      I think it begins in the head( the mind plays around with it) , then the head tells the feet where to walk and hellooooo....I dont know what happened, she just happened to be there and one thing lead to another and blah blah blah.
      I dont buy that crap
      Staying committed is a choice.
      Many married people choose to stay faithful and some choose not too.
      I agree with SP , why get married if you dont know what you want to committ too. You cheat everyone when you cant even stay true to yourself.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image81
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't think it's "routine."  It may be more common than some people would like to admit, but I don't think it's any more common than it has been throughout human history.

There are lots of reasons people cheat.  Biological urges, psychological problems, lack of communication or satisfaction (not necessarily sexual) in relationships, etc etc etc.

2. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

It is unfaithful if concealed, otherwise it is called open relationship smile

3. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

I hate to sound like the anti-relationship kind of gal, but why do people even get married if they want to have more than one sexual partner?  With all the talk of divorce in the tabloids it really makes me think people need to slow down and think about why they are getting married first.  Also, I really wish they would leave Jon and Kate alone because some of the blogs about them are very vapid.

Aqeel Saeedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

mariage is a promise of faithfulness between the spouses. this promise is now broking at a high ratio. once or two can be but majority should restrain. if people just try to accomodate, avoid, and ignore each others broken relationship can be developed.

4. Colebabie profile image62
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

Initially they don't think that they will have or need another partner. I don't think people who get married want another sexual partner. Sometimes it ends up that way.

I think people just need to work harder on their relationships than they do. It is possible to be in a committed relationship. If someone knows that they do not want to be monogamous there isn't anything wrong with opting for an open relationship.

5. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Sweetie, as I understand it, marriage is NOT about sex, it is about living together and helping each other, also about bringing up kids smile

Kinda hard to reproduce without it lol

1. Maddie Ruud profile image81

It's easy to reproduce without marriage, but less so without sex wink

true lol ,but now I guess ya dont even need that (sex) smile

1. Maddie Ruud profile image81

Only if you've got money.

2. Misha profile image76
        Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL I did not say marriage excludes sex, you know smile

6. SweetiePie profile image83

Today I was watching a show where this couple had only dated for four months and were already running down the aisle.  Yes it ends up differently after people get married sometimes, but it never hurts to wait things out a few years and see if you are compatible first.

1. Colebabie profile image62
      Colebabieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It depends on where you are in your life and what you want out of marriage.

2. TamCor profile image79
      TamCorposted 7 years ago in reply to this

SweetiePie--I knew my ex for years before we got married...it lasted two...

I knew Tom for two months--it's lasted almost 21 years now...

Obviously all situations are different, but you can know someone for years and STILL not really know them...

I don't pretend to know why so many cheat, though--that's a tough one.

7. SweetiePie profile image83

I still think four months is way too fast, but that is just me.

1. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

When I was 25, I married a man after knowing/dating for just under 60 days.

He's now my ex-hubby.

Nuff said.

8. Hal Licino profile image61
    Hal Licinoposted 7 years ago

OP, I don't find it difficult to restrain to my partner. I use handcuffs, heavy rope and duct tape. smile

9. Colebabie profile image62
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

Lap dances usually keep my boyfriend from "developing another relationship".

in our area hands being tied is also a kind of dance u better use it on him.

10. 0
    sandra rinckposted 7 years ago

I think it's more like, I have difficulties restraining myself from my partner. big_smile

11. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

You cracked me up Sandy smile

12. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

I call it, I have needs!! LOL

humans and animals are different in fulfilling desires and needs. human follow ethic, morality, society, and law but animals just what in the mind go for it. so that is why human is superiour from other creations.

13. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 7 years ago

Where is my message submitted just a few moments before?

14. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

Even comments like "I think I am pregnant..."   "I had an affair with a boy... shall I have a baby?" "I have an ear-lobe and..."  are being published in this HP. But some comments are deleted for unknown reasons... Is HP substandard?

15. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

Even comments like "I think I am pregnant..."   "I had an affair with a boy... shall I have a baby?" "I have an ear-lobe and..."  are being published in this HP. But some comments are deleted for unknown reasons... Is HP substandard?

16. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

working