jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (23 posts)

Low Cost Lawn Maintenance

1. Jeromeo profile image58
    Jeromeoposted 7 years ago

TAMING YOUR LAWN

Nothing says I’m a good neighbor like a well manicured lawn.  You can pay upwards of $280.00 a year to have commercial professionals come by every couple of months to treat your grass or you can save that money for Groceries or Gas...and follow these simple instructions.

If your lawn is looking like an Urban Jungle at this time of the year; then you’re going to have to settle for an early start next Spring.  However a product that kills Grub Worms is advisable now.

Then around Feb.  You want to get aggressive about your lawn.  Start with pest control and weed prohibition.  You can fine the rite products at your local Hardware.

Of course if you stay in a cold climate you will have to wait until March to get going.  But you want to mind the clock on this.

Now for the big secret to a fabulous lawn.  Believe it or not the secret only cost about $2.50 and may be in your pantry or laundry supplies as you read this Hub.

The magic wonder is Epson salt.  Yes everyday Epson salt.  Get your hands on one of those spray bottles that you attach your garden hose.  First Mix a gallon or two of regular tap water, with a cup of Epson salt. .

You can add other ingredients if you like.  They say that a little Coke-A-Cola in the mix is good for Aphides.  At any rate once you have your mixture its just a matter of how lush and green you want your lawn to be.

Once every couple of weeks, or once a month is sufficient to give you the best looking lawn on the block.  This mixture and a good watering schedule will do the trick.

Another tip is to not cut your lawn so short.  Some people cut a short lawn so they want have to do it so often but this is not good for the grass.  Longer blades hold more moisture and moisture, content is one of the things that makes a lawn look really good.

So a three inch cut once a week is sufficient to make you the king of your block.  Two days after you apply the Epson salt mixture you will see the difference, this will also make you lawn grow vigorously, and cause your neighbors to drive by your house slowly while they wonder “what did they do tho their lawn.

And every day when you leave for work you will have a sense of pride knowing that you have a great looking lawn and money in your pocket for Groceries or Gas. LOL.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

These posting of yours do not belong in this forum...

3. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 7 years ago

WTF! is this popping up on the forums for...?

Are some people getting confused and delirious because of the hubchallenge?

1. Trekkiemelissa profile image81
      Trekkiemelissaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

ROFL.  Apparently.  smile

2. Julie-Ann Amos profile image47
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey guys - this is what the "report" button is for - we can get these moved to somewhere more appropriate - wherever HubPages staff deem that to be (I'm saying nothing)

1. waynet profile image47
        waynetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Already reported them....this kind of stuff will confuse the misunderstood who are not sure and once you get one person posting hubpage content in the forums, others will follow and have....Is there a heatwave or something? that's probably the cause, heatstroke!

4. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Well...she's only been here for 2 years, give her some slack wink

1. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

ROFL

5. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Hubs have been popping all morning in the forums, by more than one writer.

1. Anti-Valentine profile image92
      Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I actually told someone the other day to rather put their very long post in a hub rather than in the forums.

Maybe these things start off as forum posts and then gradually build up and become articles or something.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh No! The cupcakes are affecting the thread posts now.

I did post in another forum that cupcakes should be sprinkled about today, because this morning the forums were, ah, weird. So you have been sprinkling cupcakes all over the place! HA!

6. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

There is indeed something in the air today.

And its not just hubs posted in forums, its just weird in here today. 

People are edgy too, and its such a beautiful day in the neighborhood! smile

7. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

I put acid in the cupcakes.

lol... that explains it...nothing worse than hubbers going on a trip when they have challenged themselves to a Hubchallenge!!

Look forward to a record crop of hubs this month.  Some may be repetitious and fulll of mispellings and repotitious

8. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 7 years ago

Someone has probably misunderstood the ways of the hubchallenge and then others have followed the village idiot....it always happens even when there is clear instructions, no one wants to search for the right information anymore, they just make up their own rules....either that or the cupcakes have way too many acid tabs in em!

You obviously have not been schooled in the fine art of high-altitude pharmacological baking. Acid tabs would disintegrate at 350 degrees, 7000 feet in about 3 minutes.  You first have to form acid pellets by placing pure LSD liquid in a bath of liquid nitrogen, and then bake these pellets into the cupcakes.  Jeez, do I have to explain every little thing???

Er ok...nice to have a professional acid cupcake baker on hand to share the best tips!!

Everyone should have a specialty.  When I get on "Hell's Kitchen" and am asked to prepare my signature dish, Chef Ramsey is in for one Hell of a surprise.

Hahahaha....I could just imagine gordon ramsay....off his face, caned to the eyeballs with LSd!!

2. yoshi97 profile image87
      yoshi97posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps the first part of the challenge is remembering where to post your hubs ...

As for me, I tied two pygmie goats out in my yard. Yeah, ya gotta walk around the droppings, but they're fertilizer for the grass and the goats keep it cut to a nice grazing level. My total investment was less than one of them fancy lawn mowing machines (and if you're buying into this, it's obvious you ate one of the cupcakes mentioned earlier in this thread)

working