jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (15 posts)

No strings attached... Guy friends approached to father kids....

1. chickmelion profile image60
    chickmelionposted 7 years ago

A press release today suggested that 42.9% of single women  have thought about approaching  a single guy friend to father their child... no strings attached... No nothing, no name, financial, or relationship strings at all...while the same survey suggests that 30% of the guys would go for that idea.

What the heck?..... Girls are we letting them off of their responsibilitiues too easy ?  What is going on?

.... Open for discussion... any ideas feel free to step up to the plate! I am interested to hear anyone's perspective on this!

1. 0
      Ghost32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hunh.  Seems to me, if y'all want a kid, and YOU ask a GUY to donate, hey, he wasn't asking YOU--so where does he have responsibility in any way, shape or form?  (Except to avoid giving you a disease during the donation process.)

Now, if HE comes to YOU and says, "Light my fire and have my kid! Please!" That would be considerably different.

Of course, you gals still have the  option of lying to the Court later on, so the guy can go to jail for being a Deadbeat Dad.

2. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think that some guys 30% realize the importance of a male role model.

Should he also be financially responsible and stuff... only if he wants to be.  Plus, the "law" would have it that men who are not the actual father are limited to what they can do otherwise they might be criminalized or something....

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I guess they want to have a child but don't want to have to deal with a relationship on top of it.

3. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago

What are the responsibilities of a sperm donor?  If a woman asks a man to donate sperm, essencially, what she expects from him should help him decide whether he'll donate, or not.  Is the man going to play the father role?  There are a lot of factors involved in this question.

4. chickmelion profile image60

Thank you my dear...

Do you think that is a better way to go? Or as I asked earlier are we just letting the men be irresponsible, have their prosterity without being responsible...or perhaps women have given up hope they/ (men) will be responsible?

5. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago

Maybe, they have given up hope. I know that sounds bleak, but maybe you have hit the nail on the head.

6. chickmelion profile image60

You make a very good point Davinagirl3... I wonder however what the total of the population of ladies having babies alone are going to a donor... it suggests that these ladies are capable of taking care of their little ones financially however statistics show that more single female parents are unfortunately in line with the stereo types of lower-income single moms, and careless teens...(those are census stats...),  where is the doner in this case?

7. chickmelion profile image60

What do we do to turn this around... think of it... we women are raising the man children.. we are responsible for setting an example... if it looks bleek in the responsibility arena... we certainly had our hand in it

8. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I have to wonder how many of the women are lesbian.

9. 0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 7 years ago

You tell 'em sister

10. wesleycox profile image83
    wesleycoxposted 7 years ago

This is odd because I always believed women were after the marriage and family as opposed to going it alone.

11. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

This is nothing new.  It's also depressing, actually.  The art of being human supports both PARENTS or parent models in raising children.

Proud to be with a single dad who has custody of his kids...though it has been difficult for him.  At least he 'gets it.'  I'd never be interested in any guy who didn't.

1. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's nice.  I am proud to be with a guy who accepts my child as his own.  Seems like the chances of this happening these days is like 1 in 10 million. 

When my kids own dad failed to take an active and productive role in his own kids life, my boyfriend took it upon himself to be that to her because she needs it. 

That and it is super helpful to me to finally have help raising her.  Being a single parent is tough.

12. Nyamache profile image81
    Nyamacheposted 4 years ago

Such girls are the ones who are capable and independent. All they want is to be single mums and so they do not want to get married. The purpose of a man is for procreation (sperm donor) only nothing more.