jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

9 months separated...

1. mroricle1973 profile image61
    mroricle1973posted 7 years ago

I have been separated 9 months...  She still acts as if I am just the worse person in the world.  We don't speak. We have 1 year old daughter.  Is this strange or does it really take this long?

1. 0
      rednckwmnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

sorry your going thru that. try to be bigger, put your daughter first, dont worry about your ex. it can be difficult.

2. frogdropping profile image84
      frogdroppingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How long's a piece of string? It sucks and some people never move away from behaving like the injured party (whether they are or not), so all you can do is try and move on, remain patient and try your best not to behave in the same manner.

Easier said than done, I know, but I've managed it for almost two years now - and my dad's still managing to bite his lip after 14 years smile

2. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I don't think it's unusual for it take that long or longer.  A lot of times there's a lot of hurt, anger, misunderstanding, and "unreasonable-ness" that all need to be ironed out (or at least put in perspective or otherwise "made peace with").

3. Dale Mazurek profile image57
    Dale Mazurekposted 7 years ago

It really does have to suck going through what you are but hopefully the two of you can at least put away the differences enough to make sure your daughter doesnt end up in the middle.

I do wish you luck.

4. 0
    Useful Knowledgeposted 7 years ago

I am sorry you have to go through this. These things do take time. I hope it gets better for you soon.