jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Day Care

1. mjt122649 profile image60
    mjt122649posted 7 years ago

When my children were born I stayed with them, and when my youngest were a year old my aunt would baby sit. And my husband and I worked. I worked part time. And I would let my inlaws watch them while I worked some times. I never took them to a day care.

1. Lady_E profile image83
      Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, good for you. You were lucky to have family all around you. Some people don't have that privilege. There is nothing wrong in using Day Care as long as you make some background checks about them.

What would you have done if your Aunt and Inlaws were not there and your hubby was working in Honolulu? Taken the baby to work? smile

2. nothlondon nanny profile image60
      nothlondon nannyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

how lucky you were to have such great family surport unfortunatly not everyone has that and has to look for chilcare alternitives!

3. brittvan22 profile image78
      brittvan22posted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is a very difficult transition for a child from home to daycare. I hope you find peace with you decision.

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

I myself wouldn't use Day Care myself I prefer Preschool and am definitely going to put my children in Preschool once they are old enough. But glad you had so much help from family.

3. 0
    A Texanposted 7 years ago

I'm a daddy daycare, I watch my 3 year old little girl, she's fun!

4. allexia26 profile image60
    allexia26posted 6 years ago

Well my oldest two my mother babysit for me, but when my third one came along I think she had enough of dealing with children all day so my youngest attends the daycare center were I happen to work, and she watches the oldest two after they get out of school.

5. kathyn profile image59
    kathynposted 6 years ago

I applaud all the dads that stay home too!   awesome TEX!

6. msshandriaball profile image71
    msshandriaballposted 4 years ago

one of my kids went to preschool 2 years before public school and the other stayed home because of a birth defect.My child that stayed home was smarter.The one that went to preschool 2 years had to receive tutoring in second grade.So I would say it depends on the program and the teachers

7. jeyaramd profile image78
    jeyaramdposted 4 years ago

Thats the advantage of family. Personally, I prefer that my children be with either parent's care or with their grandparents. Anyone else is asking too much unless I am willing to pay for their services. This way I can easily ask about the child's care throughout the day. And, I can expect without guilt that certain services are rendered for the cost.

8. jeyaramd profile image78
    jeyaramdposted 4 years ago

Its great that you were able to invest in your children through family. There many things that become part of who we are based on our experiences with family. There is only so much you can learn through school. Many of us are quite fortunate to have family available to help us with our child rearing.