jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What's in a name?

1. apricot profile image81
    apricotposted 7 years ago

Just a word about Williams - I've only known a few but they've all been rather odd.  Have I just been unlucky? 
    Far be it from me to ostracise a whole name category - would any Williams or friends of Williams like to come forward to defend their case?

2. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

I knew a guy in school named Liam Williams. And Liam is actually a shorted version of William. So, William Williams. How original.

And he was an idiot too. I hope he doesn't read this! Um, yes! that Liam Williams in Arkansas is an idiot!

3. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 7 years ago

Robin Williams is a hoot smile

4. Jeffrey Neal profile image88
    Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago

How about the Williams sisters?  Great tennis players, those two.

5. Katelyn Weel profile image89
    Katelyn Weelposted 7 years ago

Interesting that you mention that.. I once saw an email listing a whole bunch of male names and their typical personality types, and most of them were surprisingly accurate!
    I wonder why that is. And to answer your question, I have known a few Williams in the past and come to think of it, they were a little off.

1. apricot profile image81
      apricotposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ah!  So it's not just me then!  It has to be William as a first name, by the way, so anyone with William as a surname won't do.  Not that I have anything against Williams, you understand, but I do when they send lewd emails (that's another story..)

6. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

lol   lol   The "generalizations factor" in this thread is as bad as the thread about "how all people who use avatars are ugly" (or along those lines).  lol

I have several "Williams" in my family and have known several.  There are perfectly normal and "regular" individuals among them.  There's an "off" one here or there; but I've noticed there are more "off" "Tom's" than "William's" in my life.  lol   lol  Maybe I should start a thread about "Tom's".

7. shanekruger profile image60
    shanekrugerposted 7 years ago

you can attach william with any other word easliy like

shaun williams