jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

1. UPStar profile image59
    UPStarposted 6 years ago

Do you have any special traditions for Thanksgiving? I am starting a series of Hubs on Thanksgiving, so I was just curious...

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

mostly just getting together with family and enjoying a thanksgiving dinner of turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans or fried zucchini, and stuffing...plust whatever is made for desert usually pumpkin pie. this year I'll be making peanut butter cookies for desert. smile

1. UPStar profile image59
      UPStarposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I love peanut butter cookies, but I have never had them for Thanksgiving. Yummy. They'd be goos with hot cider

3. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

New tradition! lol peanut butter cookies and cider! smile

4. IslandVoice profile image81
    IslandVoiceposted 6 years ago

Aside from the traditional thanksgiving dinner, i make it a point to 'thank' friends and family for making our life sweeter and better. It's usually done by email. If they are anywhere near, i may send a little gift,something homemade/baked, painted, and so on, like an early Christmas

5. 0
    philip carey 61posted 6 years ago

Oyster dressing and a good IPA beer. My brother and I always take the train to Manhatten and get caught up in Black Friday madness.

6. cyoung35 profile image85
    cyoung35posted 6 years ago

We have a very large family and one of the traditions we have is to stand in a circle holding hands and usually one of the children will say grace. Sometimes it is very serious and sometimes it can be very funny because kids can say some funny things. We usually just get big grins and let them finish and this gives the whole family memories that last for a long time. We still have 4 generations of family members that range in age from 96 to 3 years old. It's amazing what memories a family gathering together at one time can create.