jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

1. Zenani profile image79
    Zenaniposted 6 years ago

Growing up we always had a nanny and they loved us. I thought they were family. The one thing I missed the most bringing up children our kids was a nanny. It is a dying art, what a tragedy. I know for the soccer, basketball and football moms and all moms would appreciate the tremendous help a nanny is.
    To all moms out there: Hooray and God bless for taking up the greatest job in the world.

2. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

True Zenani.
    Mums are Treasures.

3. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Nannies are by no means a dying breed. My daughter is at home now taking care of her own newborn twins, but she was a professional nanny making pretty darn good money before! Tons of folks in my area and on down to New York City have nannies.

My younger daughter works for a company called "Nannies As Needed" when she's at home from college at holidays and in the summer. They provide fill-in nannies when a family's nanny is on vacation or ill.

4. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Our grandchildren have two nannies. Granma & Granpa. smile

5. w_elizabeth profile image61
    w_elizabethposted 6 years ago

If it weren't for the noble nannies, our kids wouldn't have been able to survive especially when we're out for work or somewhere else.

6. 0
    Babycareworldposted 6 years ago

Nannies can take care of babies better if your are working. In fact  Nannie take the whole responsibility of a baby in the absence of mother.

7. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Being a nanny is, as you say, noble work (if you do it right and have the right motives and abilities); but I was one of those mothers who wasn't about to leave my little kids with anyone else (except with my mother once in awhile, and most often just so they could spend time with her).  When I think of kids like movie stars' kids, who often spend a lot of time with nannies, I kind of feel bad for them.  hmm

8. 0
    Anouserposted 6 years ago

It's not a dying job, just not as common as in the past.

9. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

It is a dying art.  Where I volunteered I knew a nanny - wow - what a host of responsibility she had!  Big home, three boys - she was amazing!

1. 0
      Anouserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think nannies will still exist for many years.