jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (15 posts)

What's the happiest day in your life so far...

1. Daniel Carter profile image91
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

We've had the question asked of the saddest day of our lives, but I need counterbalance.

So, what was your happiest day in your life so far?

Mine: the birth of my two wonderful kids. When my daughter was born the nurse handed her to me and said, "Stop crying and count her fingers and toes and report back to me." We laughed, and she had tears in her eyes and then followed with "I'll count too, because you're likely to see double with all that water in your eyes." I was 28. My daughter is now 25.

When she turned five, I wrote a waltz for her birthday. I played it and she danced around the room. She said, "Play it again!" and she grabbed her little brother, only two, and they tumbled and danced together.

My kids refused to have anything to do with me for four years. But I kept loving them unconditionally, and they finally returned. Those memories are what have kept me going.

I'm getting together with them tomorrow evening with their spouses for dinner.

2. Ivorwen profile image85
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

The happiest day of my life has been my wedding day.
    The days my five boys entered the world are my nest favorite days.

3. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Dan'l, I'm so glad you and your kids have worked things out. I'll bet you're a great dad!

My happiest days were the ones when I married my present husband and when my kids and grandkids were born.

4. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

My happiest days were when my husband told me for the first time he loved me and when we eloped because are families were in disagreement of where the wedding was to be held. We packed up our wedding attire and flew to Nevada, stayed in a Penthouse suite and won money while we were there. That was one of the happiest days I will ever remember not including the day we officially adopted our son. smile

5. runner2975 profile image60
    runner2975posted 6 years ago

July 20th, 1998...free Smashing Pumpkins concert in Minneapolis, MN....100k people, I was with my girlfriend at the time, we both got drunk, the weather was perfect,the city was electric, we walked for miles together.  That was a good day...even if she turned out not to be the one.

6. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

April 11, 1074. When after waking up in the weeds beside my truck [we had a terrible head on collision] I discovered that my wife, three year old son and month old baby were all alive. Even though my wife was very badly injured. My son and I were ejected out of the truck, wife was driving. All are well to this day.

7. H.C Porter profile image84
    H.C Porterposted 6 years ago

hmmm??? Perhaps today is? I woke up-so that was a pretty positive start to it all...

The best day of my life so far??? The day I figured out, I dont need anyone to help me to survive-I am capable of breathing in and out all by myself...  October 19, 2002> the day after the worst day of my life (so far)...

1. runner2975 profile image60
      runner2975posted 6 years ago in reply to this

That was a good day for me as well.

8. Mama Sez profile image85
    Mama Sezposted 6 years ago

When I gave birth to our first baby and my husband can't stop crying...overjoyed and overwhelmed by emotions.  I knew I married the right man who would do his best for a happy family.

9. 0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago

the day my one and only child I could ever have was born..it was a month earlier than expected and over 100 degrees that day, but it was till the best day of my life

10. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

The birth of my son, the birth of my daughter, and the adoption of my other son.

11. aefrancisco profile image61
    aefranciscoposted 6 years ago

WHEN I WAS BORN! smile

or should i say conceived by my parents?

12. 0
    seasoningposted 6 years ago

Had lots of good days..... Of course the birth of my 3 children.Writing wise, every day gets better, i am forever grateful, to the good old computer, and my learning curve on it. In some ways personally each day get's better, i am waiting for the big one......

13. fishtiger58 profile image81
    fishtiger58posted 6 years ago

My wedding, have been married almost 22 years now. And the birth of my sons, 18 and 17. They are fine respectful kids. I am so proud of them both.

14. 0
    AdviceDoctorposted 6 years ago

My first paycheck (15 years old, Starbucks.. Not much, but felt really good); my university graduation; my wedding and the birth of my kids.