jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

family traditions

1. 61
    chrissy86posted 8 years ago

I have a granddaughter coming in may . I would like to start thinking of ways to make things special for us -things she will grow up remembering and maybe someone out there will have a few neat ideas   thanks chrissy86

2. DeeS profile image60
    DeeSposted 8 years ago

How old is she?

3. 61

thanks for responding -  she won't be born till may   (lylee Ann) but this is my 1st grandchild and am very excited -i think it will be my only grandchild and i just want to do it in a really neat way so someday when i'm gone she'll say ---i remember when me and granny did this together and maybe when she has kids  --she will do the same with them. again thank-you for your response and hope you have some ideaas for me .

4. DeeS profile image60
    DeeSposted 8 years ago

Congratulations already, I bet this is a very exciting time for you!

1. Get a birthday candle, it's a candle with the numbers 1 to 10 stacked, she (and you) will light the candle on each birthday and burn the number corresponding.

2. Each year  around her birthday go to Sears (example) and take photo's of you and her.

3. While she's little, scrapbooking is a great way to keep memories so she can have them later.

4. Have special sleepover days and bake cookies or cake when she's visiting, something she does when she's at Grandma's.

Just some ideas...

5. 61

them are some very good ideas and has inspired me on some other things to think about to . thank-you so much  then maybe when she thinks of me she can smile  like i do when i trhink of my grandma doty.     bless you    peace love and happiness   chrissy

6. elisabeth reid profile image78
    elisabeth reidposted 8 years ago

I made each of my children a blanket and sweater and a teddy bear before they were born...then carried it over to my granddaughter when she came along.   And now my grand-neice.

Also...every year, a different child gets to help build the gingerbread house. 

We have a few others...can't remember them right now, though.