jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

My second child Premature at 33 weeks and 2 days

1. Kively2009 profile image60
    Kively2009posted 7 years ago

Well my surprise I had another early baby, but not as early as my first. This time around I knew my waters broke this day in November. My baby boy was born at 33 weeks and 2 days gestation. But the problem was this time around my blood pressure went sky high with him whilst in labour, a scary time for my Mother, My Partner of 6 years and my little sister who was with me during the whole episode.

Whilst in labour I hadn't been to the toilet for a couple of hours so they decided to put a catheter on me. After a couple of hours about 16 hours they decided to put my legs onto some stirrups after 18 hours labour he was born.

But my little boy was born sick with an infection. They tried heaps of antibiotics on him until they found the one that will work.

Now my little boy is home with me, he only spent two weeks in hospital not like his sister. He is doing so well.

1. MagicStarER profile image92
      MagicStarERposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, congratulations on your little blessing of joy!  I'm glad you are both ok now - you don't often hear about somebody having a new baby on HubPages - in fact I think this is the first one I've heard = What have you named him?   Will we get to see some pics???  smile  Blessings to both of you!  And to your other little one, also!

2. monkebusiness13 profile image61
      monkebusiness13posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Can the doctors explain why your babies are born so early? I truly hope that your babies continue to do well.

2. RNMSN profile image88
    RNMSNposted 7 years ago

YIPPEE!!! ANOTHER LITTLE ONE!! PINCH HM GOOD FOR ME!!
    LOVE TO YOU AND THE HIGHER POWERS ANGELS TO WATCH OVER YOU ALL  smile

3. AEvans profile image69
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Congratulations! I am certainly happy that both mom and baby are doing well. smile

4. Kively2009 profile image60
    Kively2009posted 7 years ago

Thank you to all you have congratulated me on my baby. There will be another article I will writing about soon, that I will be adding to Premature Babies with photo's. I named him Braedon.

working