jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (27 posts)

Do you think its rude that kids ding dong ditch?

1. dogluver1 profile image61
    dogluver1posted 7 years ago

I dont have an answer to that question. Just bored.. What do you guys think?

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, did it when I was a kid there was never any harm done, just a lot of silly giggles and laughter. big_smile

dogluver1posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah.. big_smile I remeber when me and my friend did it on halloween theres a good story to that. smile

1. AEvans profile image71
          AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Here is an idea, write the story about when you were a kid and ding dong ditching, I bet that was an absolutely funny story. smile

Thanks thats another good idea!

2. 59
      elderpearyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If that is the worst thing my kid does, I'll be a happy parent. Doorbell ditching can be annoying to the "victim", but what does it really hurt. It's fun for the kids and they cause no harm.

I'd prefer that than have my kids throw snowballs at cars... Which is also pretty fun.

lol

3. Ivorwen profile image85
      Ivorwenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It depends on if they leave anything behind!

When my grandpa was a teen, 80 some years ago, he and his friends would put a paper sack of fresh cow poop on someone's step, light it afire, and then ding dong ditch.  The highlight was seeing someone stomp the fire out!  wink

Of course, May Day is for leaving a basket of flowers behind.

2. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 7 years ago

what is it?

When you ring the doorbell and then run away.

1. cheaptrick profile image73
        cheaptrickposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You forgot the Best Part.
        leave a lit bag of poop on the door step,hide in the bushes,and watch em stamp out the fire...

3. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 7 years ago

of course its kinda rude, but sounds like it would be fun - I never did it!  altho we used to make some stupid phone calls - like "hello - is your refrigerator running:?  well, yu better go catch it!"  hysterical laughing

lol yeah its fun. Its kida rude but not a lot. But if it was like a senior citisen thats really rude you know? but still kinda funny.big_smile

4. aguasilver profile image86
    aguasilverposted 7 years ago

We used to do it, but normally only around Guy Fawkes night, when the fireworks were on sale, so we would ring and run leaving a lighted banger on the doorstep.

What horrid little boys we were...

5. bozzie123 profile image59
    bozzie123posted 7 years ago

nah its good fun, one of the perks of being a kid you can get away with doing stuff like that haha

6. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I remember doing that with friends when I was young once, a dog barked and I peed my pants smile

7. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

who saw me doing that last night?  Who told?  I want names I say.

Nooo.... I didnt see you lol no one told me... smile

8. 0
    Mbrundieposted 7 years ago

I don't think that it is annoying not rude, but it could be dangerous for the kid. You never know what type of crazy person's door you're ringing.

9. 0
    Am I dead, yet?posted 7 years ago

No, I don't think it is rude at all. In fact we have (my gamer friends and I) did it at least 4 times last night.  Just for the lolz big_smile

10. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 7 years ago

I think its pretty funny for kids to do. I used to do it when I was a kid but it had an inappropriate name. I like the name of yours better.

oo well thats what kids call it now..

11. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 7 years ago

I always liked the part where you are running like mad to go hide and sometimes watch how the person would react.

12. starme77 profile image86
    starme77posted 7 years ago

I think its harmless fun , unless they keep it up all night , we used to prank phone call but kids can't really do that much anymore , I would much rather have my kid out ding dongging on doors than , drinking , doing drugs or getting pregnant smile

13. Sally's Trove profile image97
    Sally's Troveposted 7 years ago

It's all a growing-up process...see what you can get away with.  I kind of wish there was more of that behavior coming from adults, in a fun way, that is, you know, with just fun in mind and no hostility.

We kids would use the phone to call a number out of the phone book and ask for Elizabeth Taylor.  (This is like the Prince Albert in a can trick.)  And call that number twice more.  Then the third time, saying, "This is Elizabeth...are there any messages for me?"

For parents who are paying attention, as mine were, this is totally unacceptable and we were called to task.  But it sure was fun in the process!  Once was enough.  Then we found other things to do.

Great thread.

Thanks

working