jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Old Family

1. TLMinut profile image61
    TLMinutposted 7 years ago

This has no relevance to anything but I find it so interesting and amazing! My grandfather had my dad when my grandfather was 50 years old and his dad had him when HE was 50 years old. My grandfather's sister was enough older than him that she remembered hiding family valuables from the Union soldiers during the CIVIL WAR!

1. SandyMcCollum profile image80
      SandyMcCollumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wow, TL! Cool family history! I LOVE history like that! Are you archiving what you've found, like, making a family tree or something?

2. SandyMcCollum profile image80
    SandyMcCollumposted 7 years ago

There's a small rock wall that edges the old highways here in Oregon, and I was always told my grandfather helped the men who built that wall....I've always told ppl my grandaddy helped build that wall.... then, when I was about 35 I found out that the men who built that wall were prisoners from the local slammer......

3. TLMinut profile image61

My dad was doing that but I think he got stuck. Plus he always thought we were German on his side and now it may be French instead and he lost interest. The names sound German to me.

4. TLMinut profile image61

ROFL Sandy!!!!

5. TLMinut profile image61

Some things we just don't want to know.

My great grandmother on my mom's side is Indian, her name was Hungerpillar. Bizarre. My dad thought maybe it really was Starving Rock originally, sounds more Indian: Hunger = Starving; Pillar = Rock. I always think of Hungary when I hear it.

working