jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

My Dad Is Getting Alzheimers

1. Wendy08 profile image60
    Wendy08posted 8 years ago

Is there any medication to stop it from doing any more damage???

It does run in the family. Does this make it stronger though? When someone hets alzheimers do they forget their family, like me?
    Please let me know if you know anything about alzheimers. Thank you, I really would appreciate it.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Wendy, it would really help for you to talk to your father's doctor so that you understand where he is with the progression of the disease and how it's specifically effecting him.

3. Wendy08 profile image60
    Wendy08posted 8 years ago

Yes, he told me to call him at 3:00pm. He said find a nursing home just to be secure. So, I'm going to find out all the details later on.

4. Angela Harris profile image73
    Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago

I'm so sorry, Wendy. My grandfather had Alzheimer's disease. It was very difficult for him and the family.
    But that was more than 20 years ago. I know they have made huge improvements on the treatment of Alzheimer's patients now. My prayers are with your father, you, and your family.

5. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 8 years ago

I am sorry, Wendy. Your father, you and family are in my prayers.
    If you or anyone in the family is open to complimentary health ideas along side mainstream medicine, you might check out    mercola.com    and use its search to find information about alzheimers. There are a lot of different ways of dealing with the overall life aspects that are proving to be of benefit in addition to mainstream medicine.
    Many Blessings