jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

The "I hate you" breakup letter was sent

1. 59
    Tibbyposted 8 years ago

If you read my other post “Is this relationship worth working on?” I detail a relationship that was really wrong.  In my anger, after I broke up with him, I wrote a poem that expressed my feelings about him and in my anger, I did the thing that everybody says DON’T DO!  I sent it last weekend and he read it.  Oops.  It talked about his distance and lack of commitment.  It talked about his invisibility, and his mediocrity (ikes).  It was really just, well honest (with a touch of the knife).  When he changed our relationship status to “In a complicated relationship” in Facebook and removed my name, he said “It’s because I want to get your attention”.  In the ill fated email I sent to him with the attached poem, the subject line I typed was “I would like to get your attention”.  The poem was entitled “I don’t like you, fck off”.  Really mature eh?  Having said all that, because the individual did not allow me to express myself, it actually felt good.  Yes, it was intended to make him angry, and it did and actually drew out some dialogue from him (mind you, rather lashing, and somewhat inaccurate in his recall) but it helped me.  I’m not proud of it, and I’m definitely getting over things, and probably wouldn’t do it again, but was wondering if anyone has any feedback on this. 

Nervously waiting,

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Hi Tibby,

This is not really the correct venue for this sort of thing smile We all responded last time, because it was such a heartfelt plea. But you might want to consider becoming involved in other aspects of the site before doing much more of this smile

1. 59
      Tibbyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Point taken Mr. Knowles and in future I will use my energies to add a more positive light to this forum.  Thanks for taking the time to explain  cool

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
        Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It's not about what light you're shedding.  It's simply that this forum is meant to be a support for Hubbers... people who write Hubs.  If you're looking for advice, I know a great site called Advice Vixens where this sort of post would fit right in, and you'd probably get a better response.

All the best in your journey to get over this guy.  Relatioships are tough, especially when they end.