jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Memeories, like the corners of my mind....

1. 0
    StormRyderposted 6 years ago

What is your most vivid memory or memories from childhood?
    ~~Being abandoned, thrown away and forgotten by my biological parents at the age of eight...And being accepted into a family as their own child and loved unconditionally~~

My life could have gone in so many different ways...most of them bad I would think....But I am so very lucky that I was given a chance to be happy and to grow up almost normal~~L0L~~ Almost!

2. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

wow, that's unbelievable. i don't know who in their right mind could throw away their beautiful little 8-year-old girl. i'm glad to see you smiling though.

one of my most vivid memories was when a huge dust storm was coming. the sky was all red, very scary indeed. we were all cleaning up the yard and somehow i managed to get my thumb slammed in the car door and my dad took me to the hospital and omg the thumb was just gushing blood everywhere and they didn't have time to numb me but he kept making me laugh while they were sewing it yikes

oddly enough, i love storms.

3. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

Thankyouverymuch for the ear bug lol now I have Barbara singing in my head!

1. 0
      StormRyderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

tongue Don't you just hate when a song gets stuck in your head for hours and hours...L0L

4. Craftsmith profile image61
    Craftsmithposted 6 years ago

Storm ryder, i wonder wat was the reason behind ur parents abandoning u. But i guess u r his blessed child, that some one loved u as their own child. my most vivid memory from childhood is wen i went to a frend's place, who had a huge three storeyed home, with lush gardens and balconies, and an absolutely grand decor. My house was always been a small space and i always thot wen wud i get a huge home like hers neutral

5. 0
    StormRyderposted 6 years ago

If you want you can check out a thank you I wrote to my family here on the hubs called ~To My Angels~ That tells a bit more about me and my family.
    My father was an alcoholic and my mother was addicted to methamphetamine and neither really cared about anything else..I was so lucky to have been saved by my family..I'm sorry..I'm getting all teary so I'll stop here..

6. 0
    mtsi1098posted 6 years ago

my best memory is the hard work my mother had to keep four children together, in a home, clothed, fed and in school - by herself

1. 0
      StormRyderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your mom rocks! I'm sure you let her know that all the time!

1. 0
        mtsi1098posted 6 years ago in reply to this

She did...I bet your adopted family does also...sad what happened to you but great that it turned out so good...

7. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

My all-lifetime personal best athletic feat:  At age six, leaping from a stand of weeds that stood above my head...OVER the 3-foot coiled, buzzing gray rattlesnake...WITHOUT letting go of my little red wagon...and then being told by the adults in the area that I must have "heard a cricket".

1. 0
      mtsi1098posted 6 years ago in reply to this

impressive...remind me not to challenge you in basketball smile